Feedback on 1.2 music changes (1 Viewer)

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Feedack on 1.2 music changes

The key here is clicking on what you want to play. If you want to play an album then click on the album, if you want to play an artist then click on the artist, if you want to play a whole genre then click on a genre.

To explain this change, try 1.1 and click play on an album it will play. Then try and add album B to a playlist and it will get added to a playlist but not get played. IIRC you had to choose add to playlist to start playback else adding to playlist would not actually achieve what you are saying you want to do here

With the "add Album" there are no changes to the "behviour" of the old style if I use the standard config (as far as I recognized...). The "extra clicks" a necessary with your plugin to solve the "hearing bevor adding" thing!

The only thing is that because of the adding to playlist thing, other things don't work like expected. On the other side I have to set this option or often playback will stop after one song (start within an album thing).

So, actually I need just one change : Continuously playback from a track without adding to playlist!

Hoppefully I didn't overlook something else... :rolleyes:

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: Re: Feedack on 1.2 music changes

So, actually I need just one change : Continuously playback from a track without adding to playlist!
    OK this is not compatible with the other one and has some big issues but is for testing...

This only works in database view and basically reverses what I did before. Now if you click record (default action but you can set it) this will start playback but not add anything to the playlist.

Attachments

• TryBeforeYouAdd.zip
      7.1 KB

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: Feedack on 1.2 music changes

This only works in database view and basically reverses what I did before. Now if you click record (default action but you can set it) this will start playback but not add anything to the playlist.

well, shortform: Nothing happens?!?

I press "Record" within a folder of tracks without any effect.

Any preconditions?
    • Mode "Play Mode"
    • "Add all tracks.." --> disabled (tested also enabled)

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Feedack on 1.2 music changes

On my phone but are you sure you are using database views not shares?

shame on me, didn't realy know the difference of share / Database view :oops:

Switched to Album-Interpret and it did work!
    Also only the selected titel is added to Playlist with Action "add Playlist" :cool:

Unfortunatly shares view is the prefered one of my wife and me. So the plugin actually don't helps very much. With shares view support, we could do more testing... ;)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Would this help if it worked in shares view?

If with I will update it during the week

SixSox

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    When streaming music no track information available in Now playing.

Is there any progress on this.

(worked in 1.2.0 alfa)

Thx

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Would this help if it worked in shares view?

If with I will update it during the week

YES! :D

I have not had chance to particularly test this and the code is really bad :rolleyes:

This however should work in shares view too.

Would something like this actually make music work the way you want?

Attachments

• TryBeforeYouAdd.zip
      9.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread