Feedback on 1.2 music changes (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This is a rather clunky workaround.

This is a process plugin so needs to go into the process plugin folder.

Basically it maps the record action to add to playlist (actual add to playlist)

Then in the playlist screen record will load the created playlist.

One thing to point out here is that on most remotes the record button in music shares view is mapped to the import disc action. If using shares view you will need to either map something else to the record action or change the mapping for the record button.

This is far from ideal but should work. This is only an attempt to see if this works so is certainly not as polished as it should be

Basically play tracks as you want then when you want to add one to the playlist highlight and press record. Then when you want to actually use your playlist go to the playlist screen and press record.

Attachments

• AddToPlaylist.zip
      3.2 KB

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ...Basically it maps the record action to add to playlist (actual add to playlist)

Then in the playlist screen record will load the created playlist.
    Basically play tracks as you want then when you want to add one to the playlist highlight and press record. Then when you want to actually use your playlist go to the playlist screen and press record.

ok, it seems to work like described. :)
    If this "behaviour" would be an option in Config for the "add to playlist" action --> excellent! ;)

Because I have mapped "lyrics" to the record button (while a title is playing) it isn't actually usable for me without several changes (and my wife wouldn't tolerate this...). :mad:

Also I'm miss some other functions, especially "Playback from a title on": In the "old way" it was possible
    • to select a song within a folder,
    • start playback
    • and at the end of the song it continued with the next one from the folder.

And the other (small) thing "add tracks to playlist and automaticly the next track selected".

Maybe with the next "clunky workaround" :D

:D

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    On phone so struggling to quote your reply..

The play next track option is the default (play more and all to playlist)

The playlist setup is mapped to an action not a key. You can map any key you like to the record action.

The moving to next item after adding to playlist is on my list to fix

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Feedack on 1.2 music changes

The play next track option is the default (play more and all to playlist)

sorry, but I don't know which option you mean?!?

Espacially I don't want to jump to Playlist on "play". Just stay in the folder and continous Playback from the selcted file. (has nothing to do with the "add to playlist behaviour!)

Thanks for your plugin. I changed the Action of the button I actually use for "add playlist" and now it goes into further testing ...

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Feedack on 1.2 music changes

Espacially I don't want to jump to Playlist on "play". Just stay in the folder and continous Playback from the selcted file. (has nothing to do with the "add to playlist behaviour!)

The changing screen is controlled via a different settings
    Music 1.2 - MediaPortal Wiki
    change the "jump to" option under the misc tab to whatever you want to do (it sounds like you want to do nothing)

If you want to play tracks in the folder when you select them then set the playlist options to play mode and tick add all to playlist.

With this combination of settings (which IIRC are the default ?) when you press ok or play on a track in a folder it will playback all the tracks in that folder (starting with the one you have selected) and not jump to any other screen.

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I changed the settings and now it's possible to playback an album from a distinct track on.

But now I can't add more albums to the playlist:

1. select an album and start playback --> all tracks added to playlist
    2. go to another album an add to playlist (with record action)
    --> the first playlist is unchanged

But there seems to be a second playlist (record button on screen playlist), where the album is added. Also on the 2nd playlist is only one entry of the Album (and not all tracks of it).

I expected that all tracks of the 2nd album woulded be appended to the current playlis.

Big? Feature? Or no other way with the current "clunky workaround"?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    The original thing was about listening to tracks and seeing if you want to add the to the playlist after hearing them.

What you are describing sounds like you want to play album A and then album B? If that is the case just add album B to the playlist via the context menu. (you can do this be selecting the album and adding to context menu or going into the track listing and selecting all to playlist).

The workaround (record button) is about adding items to a playlist that is not playing. Clicking on a track will only ever add that track. If you want to add a whole album then go up a level in the database view to the folder and press record on the album, this should add the whole album (I have not tried this though).

When you first go into the playlist screen you will see the now playing playlist. If you press record you will get the playlist you built. This is what is pretty clunky... The record option will only add tracks to this background playlist it will not add tracks to the current playing playlist. You would always need to start that playlist manually from the playlist screen. If you want to add tracks to the current playing playlist then use the context menu options (or use the ACTION_QUEUE_ITEM action which adds the selected item to the current playing playlist)

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    sure, the main thing I recognized the diffrent Functionality was the "hearing bevor adding" thing but the changes affect also other "accustomed functions" and this seems to work.

Adding an album to playlist, begin listenig and like to add more Albums/tracks, is one thing I (and my wife) was used to do. But now it isn't possible without extra Clicks and this will my wife never accept... :(

well, seems to be difficult to get the "new" and the "old" style together... do you see any chance at least (with/bevor 1.2(final))?

I will do my best to give input of "my way to use music section"...

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Adding an album to playlist, begin listenig and like to add more Albums/tracks, is one thing I (and my wife) was used to do. But now it isn't possible without extra Clicks and this will my wife never accept... :(
    Why is it more clicks? To play album A you press play on the album (or with your settings you can press play or ok on a track within the album). then to add album B to play after album A you use the QUEUE ITEM action (Y on keyboard). That is two clicks.

If you want to Play Album A and then add track X then you can either use playlist mode and just select ok on track X and it will get queued up or in play mode you can again use the QUEUE ITEM action or context menu.

This is two clicks in play mode or playlist mode.

The key here is clicking on what you want to play. If you want to play an album then click on the album, if you want to play an artist then click on the artist, if you want to play a whole genre then click on a genre.

To explain this change, try 1.1 and click play on an album it will play. Then try and add album B to a playlist and it will get added to a playlist but not get played. IIRC you had to choose add to playlist to start playback else adding to playlist would not actually achieve what you are saying you want to do here

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Not that this makes a big difference but I have added the option to choose which action you want to use.
    You can not map this how you like to your remote / keyboard. Default is still the record option

Attachments

• AddToPlaylist.zip
      5.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread