ffdshow/Haali (1 Viewer)

the1

Portal Pro
February 8, 2009
Home Country
Just a quick question regarding these two codecs.

With ffdshow installed.. will MediaPortal play x264 or does only Haali play x264?

Or do I need both installed?

Thanks

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    FFDShow will decode x264, but if it is in a .mkv (Matroska) container you need Haali.

IOW:
    FFDShow --> decoder
    Haali ---> Media Splitter

x264 --> encoding type
    Matroska (.mkv9 ---> container ("several files - audio+video (like x264)+? - wrapped togheter")

It's early, but I hope that made sence :)

the1

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    So will I need to install both ffdshow and Haali or just Haali.

The file types that I will be viewing are: XviD, DivX (AVI) and x264 mkv. Maybe even ISO's.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'd say there are two good alternatives:

1: FFDShow + Haali + VobSub(subs) (+ optional DXVA decoder like CyberLink)

Easier way:

2: SAF

3. alternative (just in case I-loop reads this :p) Drop FFDShow and use DivX etc. + Haali etc.

Using alt 1 ATM, but cinsidering making the switch to SAF

(Btw: I updated first post)

the1

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    In the post for SAF it says I have to install Haali?

EDIT - If I choose option one is it best to install them before I install MediaPortal or after?

the1

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    I installed ffdshow and Haali and .mkv isnt playing it MediaPortal?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Got logs?

Btw: You did ofc select a HD decoder in config?

the1

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    I'll get my logs up ASAP.

When you say HD decoder do you mean the H.264 spot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, I found the problem in my configuration without PowerDVD. In the past I had configured the following setting: "Use internal Blu-ray menu player" and it works - slowly but it worked fine. As described, this suddenly stopped working after an update in the last few months. Yesterday, as a test, I deactivated this check box and it...
    Hi, I found the problem in my configuration without PowerDVD. In the past I had configured the following setting: "Use internal...
    Hello english forum! Since my question, which I asked weeks ago in the German-speaking forum, has not been answered until today, I...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
    I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Resume playback from DE
    Ok, thanks for the User Management tip - I now get what I would expect. Now all I have to do is to figure out how to make Auto Login do what it says on the tin. The only way to make it work is to manually log in each time. Any hints as to what I'm missing with the login system?
    Ok, thanks for the User Management tip - I now get what I would expect. Now all I have to do is to figure out how to make Auto...
    So "Resume playback from" only works when MediaPortal 2 has NOT been turned off, meaning if I shut MediaPortal 2 down, restart it...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom