[Approved] Fix for Problems with Folder.jpg for Pictures (1 Viewer)

kaipron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Hi,
    i had many errors when the System was creating the folder.jpg for my very large pictures collection. See Thread. This Patch fixed it for me.

Regards
    Kai

Attachments

• Fix for creating Pictures-Folder.jpg (SVN 25836).patch
      30.8 KB

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I cannot reproduce your issue in any way. Can you give me detailed steps please ?

I would also point out that the log from the old thread linked in your post shows a issue that is not coming from the part of the code you tried to fix. It's 99% something skin related.

Simone

kaipron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    AW: Fix for Problems with Folder.jpg for Pictures

Sorry for my late reply. I overlook my own thread -.-
    I have a large number of images (> 21k). When i switched fast through the folders this error very often happen.

The error messages can you see in the linked thread. The images are created by multiple threads and in the code all the threads access on the same temp created picture.

With the current version I have not tested it, I now create the folder-images themselves.

Sorry for my bad english.

Grüße
    Kai

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Ok, we analyzed your patch as I reproduced you error, patch itself can't be accepted in full because it leaves temp folder polluted but one hint from it help a lot:

Code:
               if (File.Exists(defaultBackground))
               {
    -            [COLOR=Red]using (FileStream fs = new FileStream(defaultBackground, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.ReadWrite))[/COLOR]
    +           [COLOR=Red] [COLOR=Green]using (FileStream fs = new FileStream(defaultBackground, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read))[/COLOR][/COLOR]

this is (red part) a main 'cause of your exception, and also for thumbs not to be created. Green part (your idea) help us a lot but there is some other issue because thumb file sometimes with fast browsing between folders fail's to save and will not be created in current session (it's on blacklist). But it is created in next session.
    I'm not fully satisfied with result but at least almost all thumbs will be there (in my case it failed in one so I restart MP and go again in that folder and it was there after).

You can try with this first part and see if it helps, but we need to investigate more why next exception occur. I will reject this patch (half of it to be clear enough), but that doesn't mean it fails, you help a lot and if you can, please investigate with your first change part and let us know how it goes and also you can provide us with new patch. :D

kaipron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    AW: Fix for Problems with Folder.jpg for Pictures

Zdravo,
    the first line is not enough. I also need the second part of my patches.
    I know that many files were created and not automatical deleted. We can insert a new line which deletes the files.

Pozdra iz nemacke

Code:
    -                    string tmpFile = Path.Combine(Path.GetTempPath(), "folderpreview.jpg");
    -                    if (File.Exists(tmpFile))
    -                      FileDelete(tmpFile);
    +                    string tmpFile = Path.GetTempFileName();
    +                    //if (File.Exists(tmpFile))
    +                    //  FileDelete(tmpFile); 
                         bmp.Save(tmpFile, Thumbs.ThumbCodecInfo, Thumbs.ThumbEncoderParams);
    	      [B]File.Delete(tmpFile);[/B]

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Yes, fair enough and right but delete tmp little bit down in

Code:
    if (aThumbPath.ToLowerInvariant().Contains(@"folder.jpg"))
                        {
                          Picture.CreateThumbnail(tmpFile, aThumbPath, (int)Thumbs.ThumbLargeResolution,
                                                  (int)Thumbs.ThumbLargeResolution, 0, false);
                          FileDelete(tmpFile);
                        }
                        else if (Picture.CreateThumbnail(tmpFile, aThumbPath, (int)Thumbs.ThumbResolution,
                                                         (int)Thumbs.ThumbResolution, 0, Thumbs.SpeedThumbsSmall))
                        {
                          aThumbPath = Util.Utils.ConvertToLargeCoverArt(aThumbPath);
                          Picture.CreateThumbnail(tmpFile, aThumbPath, (int)Thumbs.ThumbLargeResolution,
                                                  (int)Thumbs.ThumbLargeResolution, 0, false);
                          FileDelete(tmpFile);
                        }

otherwise no thumb will be created in pic folder because we deleted tmp. Just to check it little bit more. First test goes 100% and no tmp left. Good work kaipron.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Can you test with your patch but with delete tmp in place from my previous post. In my case all goes ok now without any exception and all thumbs were in place, tmp folder clean. If all goes well I can put this in SVN for 1.1.1 so we do not not need to wait for 1.2.0 alpha

Users who are viewing this thread