follow the shortcut-s (lnk) (1 Viewer)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok, try this one and let me know how you go. It should solve the problem with music and should also follow folder shortcuts too...

I can't test it at all because my video card drivers have gone mental and I can't load any directx apps (that means mediaportal!)

Let me know if it works and I'll update the main download link.

Cheers,

infy

Portal Member
    January 27, 2006
    It does not follow folders yet.

I'm no programmer but perhaps 2 plugins are needed.

1 for the people that want to use .lnks directly to movies/files

1 for the people that want to use .lnks to folders

thanks for your time and effort so far

kanelbulle

Portal Member
    February 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    folder links

Thanks for this plugin and-81! It's been really useful to me. :) Just wanted to check, have you made any progress with the "folder links"?

EDIT: Oo, I forgot to ask, is the source available for your plugin?

kanelbulle

Portal Member
    February 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It does not follow folders yet.

I tried today, and it followed the folders for me :) But there's one "problem":
    Suppose that I have a folder, C:\Movies, and in that folder I have a folder-link to C:\TV-series.
    When I'm in MP, and go to "My Videos"->"Movies"->"TV-series" (shortcut), and than press back it takes me to C:\, and not back to c:\movies. I guess this isn't a bug, but it would be better if it, in this case, got back to C:\Movies.
    Is that doable?

I'm not that good at english, butr I hope you understand the problem :)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey,

I'm still working on improving this plugin. I should have a new version available soon.

kanelbulle:

I'm probably not going to get it to do that. The normal folder navigation is done by MediaPortal, so without integrating this feature (which won't happen any time soon) I don't think I could do that.

Oh, and yes, the source is in the MediaPortal plugin SVN. But I'll include it in the zip file of the next copy too.

Cheers,

kanelbulle

Portal Member
    February 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Okay! I was thinkin of saving every step the user takes in a linked list, and when the user hits the "back-button", mediaportal will return to last path in the list, i.e. last visited folder. But I havent looked at your code, infact I'm new to MP so I dont know much about its API too, so my idea may not be even plausible.... Well, thanks for a good plugin anyway :)

//Fred

infy

Portal Member
    January 27, 2006
    I'll try again. Perhaps it's because all my shortcuts are pointing to networkshares \\Fileserver\\Movies...

kanelbulle

Portal Member
    February 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi!

I have another question (or "request" :))
    The "resume" function for the movies does not work for me when playing shortcuts. Is it possible to implement this?

Users who are viewing this thread