Freecom USB DVB-T compatibility (1 Viewer)

Phatbloke

Portal Member
December 14, 2005
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
How did you get on Steve?
I reformatted windows the day I got my stick as it would not install properly. It went fine after the reinstall but this was using the Freecom drivers as at that stage i did not know about the BDA driver issue. I have only had my one for a week now and am trying to use it with a laptop and a monitor for the output. I am kinda happy using the tv viewer but would really like to get media portal going eventually

Phatbloke

Portal Member
December 14, 2005
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Well i thought i would try downrade to version 0.1.3 and give it a try. After i loaded it up the first time the tv worked and no crash. Unfortunatly this lasted about 1 min and the same blue screen. I can't seem to get it to last more than about a min really so i don't know.

Phatbloke

Portal Member
December 14, 2005
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Well I decided to try gbpvr the other day and it works great with my DVB-T. I perfer mediaportal a lot more after using XBMC on my xbox of over a year now. Until this bug gets sorted out it looks like i will be using this.

Phatbloke

Portal Member
December 14, 2005
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Well I'm pleased to say that 2.0 RC2 has fixed the problem and it works fine now. I now just have an issue with getting it to display on the secondary monitor as in dual mode i cannot change the primary display off the LCD monitor to the CRT one which i am trauling through the forums and should hopefully get sorted tonight. I must say one bonus of GBPVR is it has an option to automatically open full screen on monitor 2 which worked wonders. I guess MP works differently so cannot do this.

djepi

October 31, 2005
I've found that it's buggy but it works.

If you're having problems getting it working at all then make sure you delete all the original drivers from your PC. That will do the trick! :D

redarrow

January 20, 2006
Cardiff, UK
I also have the same problem as Phatbloke, trying to use the Freecom DVB-T USB stick with Media Portal, each time the TV initialises, my system just switches off.

I deleted all the original Freecom drivers (even from the windows\inf folder) and loaded up the Yokumo ones.
The Yokumo TV software works ok, but not media portal.

I'm using RC2. Does anyone have any ideas?
Or, just to check I *did* delete all the drivers, anybody have a list of the files I should be deleting to totally remove them all?

Sabrehawk

February 6, 2006
Im having the same problem with instant reboots when going
to TV mode in MP.

I have the YAKUMO DVB-T USB Stick , I have the BDA beta driver of
Yakumo. My Beta Player 1.03 of Yakumo works very good.

I was looking for a media center solution though and media portal
looked very promising.

I could go through all the setup dialogs quite neatly.
I had to scan for channels after completing the setup wizard cause
there it was not looking for DVB-T only for cable and antenna.

I found all stations with the TV setup menu under configuration.
I then wanted to switch to TV mode and view.

BAMMM computer reboots.

My Yakumo Player BDA driver based works fine.
The drivers bound to the device showing in device manager are: BDA_capture_220.sys,BdaPlgh.ax,BdaSup.sys,ks.sys,stream.sys,iyuv32.dll,
ksproxy.ax,kstvtune.ax,ksuser.dll,kswdmcap.ax,kxsbar.ax,msdvbnp.ax,
msh263.drv,msyuv.dll,psisdecd.dll,psisrndr.ax,tsbyuv.dll,vfwwdm32.dll,vidcap.ax

I suspect its ks.sys that the error occurs like the others but since i
have a instant reboot and no bSOD i cant tell.

really sad that this is not working....:(

I have a Radeon 9700, dx9.0c,xp pro sp2.
I have a attached USB harddisk which is holding all the movies,recordings
and working directories. I defined folders for MP there to use.
My yakumo player software works perfect in that way too.

lribardi

February 8, 2006
I cannot download the Yakumo BDA drivers

Hello All,

It seems like Yakumo removed the BDA drivers from download area on their site. (you can still download the regular ones)
Could someone please send them to me at this address : lribard2@yahoo.com

I would be very gratefull,

Lribardi.

DutchMaster

Portal Member
March 1, 2006
Germany
The driver can still be downloaded here:
http://www.yakumo.de/downloads/drivers/DVB-T/Quickstick/BDA_Driver.zip
1.0.0.36 (9 Aug. 2005)

I am however using this driver form DNT:

http://www.dnt.de/dl/97/BDA_Treiber.zip
1.0.0.42 (24 Aug. 2005)

The last one has an uninstall utility which removes previously installed drivers. Unplug the USB stick first!

It might be smart to check if the files are really deleted:

-under c:\windows\system32\drivers and c:\windows\ (sorry, I don't have the exact filenames)
-oemxx.inf containing wideview or other references to the DVB-T tuner
and corresponding oemxx.PNF file. (where xx are numbers)

At this stage I did a reboot. Its probably not necessary, but its a nice check to see if Windows does not installs the driver automatically.
If it does, the drivers are still on your system!!

Cancel the Windows driverinstall window and use the downloaded install utility instead.

After the install, plugin the USB stick. It will install the new drivers.

The CaptureCardDefinitions.xml does not have to be edited anymore as the device is added with the latest CVS's.

As its already there, go to Mediaportal setup and load the newly installed device, use autotune to save new channels.

-------

One note, some parameters are different in current the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file (latest CVS's) then posted earlier in this thread.
Anybody nows what these parameters stand for? There uses to be a forumpost, but can't find it anymore.
Like is it sw="true" or is it "false" and so on...

pepepinto

March 13, 2006
I give up

Definitively, this device doesn't mix well with MediaPortal. I have test all drivers bda possible (although I believe that they are the same one really) and continues causing a fatal error in ks.sys. I have run the test in other PC's with the same result. On the other hand, with the same configuration all drivers has worked with ProgDVB and MyTheatre.

Users who are viewing this thread