german websource? (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Are there german websources to grab the info for tv-series?

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Currently no, however szori is planning on making the whole database multilingual so that anything can be retrieve in whatever language is available.

Of course that still means that info needs to come somewhere, but I think more popular series will fill up rather quickly.

nylonhof

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    how about adding the german shows to the database - in german? most people will be interested only in the german information and once tvdb is able to distinguish between languages we can adjust the required attributes....

nylonhof

ccMatrix

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2006
    episodeworld.com has a lot series in different languages. Unfortunately the database is not 100% complete so some series might miss a season for a language. For the popular and recent seasons it is very up-to-date.
    I'm using it in my mediarenamer and the administrator created a xml interface for me to query for series information. He is very helpful - maybe this could be an alternative?

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    how about adding the german shows to the database - in german? most people will be interested only in the german information and once tvdb is able to distinguish between languages we can adjust the required attributes....

nylonhof

What some people have done on the website is to add a series as "Series Name (country) e.g. "Friends (France)" Example

Then you could just use info from other website to update it

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sh4nn0w

I think that's not a good idea, because many redundancies will follow. Be happy to have such a great plugin for now.

Scott, is busy these weeks (talked to him a few ago), but will do the job much smoother.

regards
    chefkoch

nylonhof

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

nylonhof

Ok, I might have misunderstood the original question when I wrote the above. As far as I see this, there are two issues to think about.

1.) An original german show
    For example, Edel & Starck is a show produced in Germany. I would like to see this listed in the tvdb together with a german description of the episodes. This should be possible by just adding the show to the db. Once the multilingual version of the db is available, the appropriate flag can be set to 'german'.

2.) A foreign show with local language descriptions
    The above mentioned show was Friends, which is in the db as 'Friends' and 'Friends (France)'. I agree with chefkoch, that we should not have seperate show entries if the only difference is the language of the descriptions.

Regards
    nylonhof

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I hadn't really though of the implications of duplicating series by language. As chefkoch says, ignore my idea...wait until multilingual is setup.

Users who are viewing this thread