Good/Bad results with TV Engine 3 (2 Viewers)

How has your experience with the new TV Engine been?

• Great! No problems at all!

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Good, but took some work to get it going.

Votes: 34 23.9%
  • Okay, but I think it needs lots of work.

Votes: 59 41.5%
  • Frustrating - I switched back to 0.2.1.0!

Votes: 46 32.4%

• Total voters

charnov

Portal Member
August 1, 2006
Zero sucess

Everything installed (very not happy about SQL Server...come on...MySQL or something much much lighter), but no channels found. Back to stable.

surfermc

Portal Pro
May 7, 2006
Dorset
Home Country
England England
I've got it working after a few failed attempts. Will keep it going for a few days and see how it goes.

My biggest problem was knowing I has to use BlueTwo skin. This seems to be the only one with all the xml. Not even the BlueTwo Wide works for me.

dubstar

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Fine!!

I think everything worked fine for me!! The sole reason I don't use it is because I can't stand trying to configure XMLTV!!

In all honestly its only thanks to James and his webepg that i made the switch to MP from WMCE!!

Great work with everything guys, I can't wait for the tv server to be fully functional, then I can build a monster server will all my the tv cards in and all recordings managed in one place, as at the moment im using 2 MP HTPCs and 1 XBMC!!

Quicky for the devs, how is the commercial detection and removal going?

Thanks again!

tjf

Portal Member
November 4, 2006
Prague
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
I wanted to test it, especially now when the satellite motor is supported, but I cannot find Ku-band config. My LNB needs 9745 MHz frequency instead of the standard 9750 MHz.

garry

Portal Pro
December 11, 2005
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've been running it for about a week with the client & server on the same box. I had to re-write the DirecTVTune plugin to make the server change channels on my STBs. It has been *extremely* stable so far. I think it is safe to say I won't be going back to the old TV engine.

The only problem I have encountered is with adding a second client - I get audio/video stuttering on the second client. I've tried different hardware/codecs/etc with no luck so far. Anyone else seen this? Thanks.

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Garry, when you pause a live TV stream, can you resume from the same point? What's your signal type (Analog, DVB, etc).

This is one of the problems I have with the new tv engine bu appears it doesn't affect averybody. Can you confirm?

Julio

blackburn_

Portal Member
    July 22, 2006
    The new TV server looks very interesting and I just can't wait until dvb and teletext subtitles are implemented, then I (and probably many more here in Scandinavia) can switch to MP for good.

I have one FireDTV-S and one FireDTV-T connected to my HTPC. Everything is working like a charm in the latest SVN (not using the new TV server)

With the new TV server the -S card is working ok. When changing channels the picture is starting and stopping for about a second and then the new channel comes on. It's pretty stable too.

With the -T card however I can't even change channels using the new TV server. The screen goes black and then nothing happens. Guess it needs a bit more work.

So I'm back to 0.2+SVN for now but I'll keep testing the new TV server once a week or so and post any new experiences with it.

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    I've had no problems pausing & resuming live TV. I'm using a PVR-500 (analog) card.

Thanks garry, it's very important to see that the problem doesn't happen to everybody. It's some something specific to my config then, since we have the same card. Will look into it.

Thks.

Julio

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Ok, just tested and it (Pause/Resume) did work correctly on a single-machine setup, but not on a server->client setup. :(

Will need to do some more testing.

Julio

Users who are viewing this thread