Good/Bad results with TV Engine 3 (1 Viewer)

How has your experience with the new TV Engine been?

• Great! No problems at all!

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Good, but took some work to get it going.

Votes: 34 23.9%
  • Okay, but I think it needs lots of work.

Votes: 59 41.5%
  • Frustrating - I switched back to 0.2.1.0!

Votes: 46 32.4%

• Total voters

dubstar

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Good

Installed fine, configured fine, records and timeshifts fine, just a little lumpy on performance, and i keep getting exeception held box poping up. overall its looking good and its useable. Im running client server on one machine it the moment and one tv card, with web epg for guide.

I'm gonna stick with it now as its pretty much useable on a day to day basis.

garry

Portal Pro
December 11, 2005
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The latest SVN fixed my problem (stuttering audio/video when running the client on a different computer). I'm going to stick with it as well, I can't see myself going back to the old TV engine now.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    M4TH... I assume you want to hit Bev or Dish... being that you are in Canada. The setting you need is called circular. 11250. That should work for you. I am hitting dish with that setting and am able to pull it down with my skystar2 card. I think that is about the only card right now that can do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Just those I attached. I messed about with task priorities MP/TV-Server/SQL-Server and the issue changed to the skin.. I would do something, but it would be 10's of seconds before the action happened. Doing an Alt-Tab would flush the actions. Too weird lol!! So, with some flak from the family, I had to give in. I just did a...
    Just those I attached. I messed about with task priorities MP/TV-Server/SQL-Server and the issue changed to the skin.. I would do...
    So, this one has me quite stumped. Have tried ) and a few things - driver updates, kicking the box, threatening it with a static...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    Many thanks for the answer. So far I've used Logitech's Harmony hub. This allows you to control all components (including the media portal). I have now contacted the Sofabaton hotline. It should also work here like with the Harmony. Unfortunately, not all of the IR codes are correct. You can also learn commands here. But that doesn't...
    Many thanks for the answer. So far I've used Logitech's Harmony hub. This allows you to control all components (including the...
    I don't have a complicated A/V system - a Sony A8H TV, Yamaha receiver, and a HTPC on which I run most media through MediaPortal. I...
    Replies
    Views
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5221] - Core: Fix...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    TVE 3,5 as you noticed in my other Thread.
    TVE 3,5 as you noticed in my other Thread.
    Hello Folks, Although the New MediaPortal Version 2.5 looks great so far, it seems that it still has major Bugs? I created a...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom