Good work Corl (1 Viewer)

Scope

Portal Member
November 29, 2004
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Alarm.cs

1.4 (corl 07-Jan-05): for (int i=1; i<20; i++)

That line made my first alarm not to work so I overslept today....
Great work man, thanks alot :)

I guess I cant trust the mediaportal alarm anymore.

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    what's this?
    flaming a dev because he made a little mistake?
    Remember corl (and I) are spending our precious free time to create Mediaportal. Bugs happen.

frodo

A

Anonymous

This is beta software. Simple.

If you trust important things to it then you are dumb. Simple.

If you want to record TV, play music, view photos, etc for fun, then OK.

If things depend on it, don't use beta software.

Maybe you should ask Corl for your money back. That expensive service contract you are paying for.

Scope

Portal Member
    November 29, 2004
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    frodo said:
    what's this?
    flaming a dev because he made a little mistake?
    Remember corl (and I) are spending our precious free time to create Mediaportal. Bugs happen.

frodo

Relax I'm not flaming anyone, and please, just because its open source and you're spending your free time on it, doesnt mean everyone should build their own MediaPortal upon the source code if they complain about something. There is something called cooperation. Im just letting Corl know that just changing that simple line in this fragile project (please dont be offended) can make the whole purpose of the plugin not working. MediaPortal is a great program, for real! I could sit here writing alot of things I love about mediaportal and praise (suck up to) the developers. And in this case i didn't want corl to be offended in any way, instead make him think about what can be done about this scenario. I guess the xml-configuration of mediaportal comes from XBMC. That should've been the first thing to be replaced by a configuration-class, handling all settings and setting default settings etc., handling errors in the xml-file (like this one). Of course you already know about this, but it's alot of work to fix it since all plugins read/write from the xml-file themselves.
    I would love to help in this project, but I have this disease that makes me want to give priority to structure and stability instead of fancy features.

And please dont get offended, you've spent alot of time on this project which I havent. I am not demanding anything I'm just trying to help!

A

Anonymous

I'm not offended and will never be offended by these kind of posts. I'm trying to help this great project and its takes up most of my free time! Dont forget that most of the developers of these OpenSource projects have fulltime jobs and the users want all of the bugs solved yesterday.
    And I know that every change we make could introduces new bugs :-(

Sorry for the inconvenience (and buy an alarm clock, because I dont think you can rely on something thats works on windows :) and thats besides the new bugs I'm probably going to make in the future)

Corl

A

Anonymous

Scope said:
    <snip>
    I would love to help in this project, but I have this disease that makes me want to give priority to structure and stability instead of fancy features.

And please dont get offended, you've spent alot of time on this project which I havent. I am not demanding anything I'm just trying to help!

if you want to help, write some code for fancy features in mp. as your code is very structured and stable, dont waste time to correct other ppls work?

greets

KingHippo

Portal Member
    January 13, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Scope, there are always several alternatives to give information. If you exchange words like "screw up", "i can't trust", "Great work man, thanks alot :) " you will sound much nicer. What's wrong with a simple bugreport?
    I have no idea why you would use language like this if it's not intened to offend someone.

If you just write something like this it will sound more friendly:

I found a small bug in the Alarm module. 1.4 (corl 07-Jan-05): for (int i=1; i<20; i++) causes alarm to start at index 1 instead of 0 like it was before.

Users who are viewing this thread