Gyration MCE Remote Supported (2 Viewers)

hjbaard

Portal Pro
April 25, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have allmost every key of my gyration remote working now. The only 'problem' I have is with the power button.
I'd like to use StandbyWatcher (see: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/standbywatcher-avoids-standby-while-something-recorded-vista-v1-1-released-39625/)

This tool prevents the pc to go in hibernation is the tv server is recording a program! The only problem is that I have to suppress the power button and let it send a CTRL + ALT + S event. The the StandbyWatcher kicks in.

I did read this topic and read something about AutoHotkey. Can this program do the trick? And if so, how do I have to do this?

I'm using Vista 32bit Home Premium btw.

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can determine what happens when you hit the power button in the "Control Panel -> Energy Options -> Advanced" (maybe Vista has it somewhere else, no idea).

-level20peon

fabien44

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    Hi,

i can use Gyration for controlling everything in MP thanks to Girder and Shortcuter plugin.

2 things miss:
    - i cannot wake up PC with power button of the remote? I have enabled S3 in bios and it worked my my previous remote based on the IR receiver from my case Origen S14V.
    - i cannot use search functionnality based on SMS mode. For 1 press on a button the remote sends 2 codes (for example if i press key A i can see the letters "é)

Any idea?

Thanks
    Fabien

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    - i cannot wake up PC with power button of the remote? I have enabled S3 in bios and it worked my my previous remote based on the IR receiver from my case Origen S14V.

I never tested this myself since I don't use hybernate but this might be an USB issue (ie the dongle isn't supplied with power in S3).

- i cannot use search functionnality based on SMS mode. For 1 press on a button the remote sends 2 codes (for example if i press key A i can see the letters "é)

Works fine here without any additional config at all. Maybe you configured some plugin or option in the MP-configuration to map your remote ? If this is the case the remotes "native signal" comes through, triggering something else which itself sends another signal, resulting in two signals (I hope you get what I mean).

-level20peon

fabien44

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006

Works fine here without any additional config at all. Maybe you configured some plugin or option in the MP-configuration to map your remote ? If this is the case the remotes "native signal" comes through, triggering something else which itself sends another signal, resulting in two signals (I hope you get what I mean).

-level20peon

I configure 2 remotes: HID and MCE + keyboard.

And you?

Do you use Girder ou Evenghost? Because with Evenghost it tells me that the plugin HID is not found (i all checked HID devices in the options->Plugins: HID)

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I activated "General HID" to map some buttons like "Programm up / down" -> "Page up / down" in lists etc. but I didn't configure the number-pad at all.

-level20peon

Users who are viewing this thread