Gyration MCE Remote Supported (1 Viewer)

leetwanker

Portal Member
June 2, 2007
There's a plugin that you can assign certain actions in MP to hotkeys, once that is done you can map the remote buttos to the hotkeys. With this I have the whole remote working except the very bottom buttons which aren't needed anyway. I even have the TV button mapped to open the MP-TVSeries plugin.

Let me know if you need specifics.

iancalderban

Portal Pro
December 12, 2008
milton keynes
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
There's a plugin that you can assign certain actions in MP to hotkeys, once that is done you can map the remote buttos to the hotkeys. With this I have the whole remote working except the very bottom buttons which aren't needed anyway. I even have the TV button mapped to open the MP-TVSeries plugin.

Let me know if you need specifics.
yes please (for the specifics). did you manage to remap the power button?

tv button to toggle between MP-TVSeries and standard TV view would be even nicer!

Ian

bosmanoglu

August 1, 2008
Hi all,

I am sorry to re-ask if this was already covered in the forum. I just read the whole thread and didn't see it. Though I don't claim to read 14 pages once and know it by heart.

I have a gyration remote (no keyboard), and the receiver model is GY1401-004. I have windows XP SP2, and mediaportal recognizes the device for some of the buttons: up, down, select, back, etc out of the box.

This is all I want actually but every now and then (especially after waking up from stand by), remote stops functioning. I can see the orange led blinking on the receiver when I hit the remote keys, but the green led (which turns on when it recognizes a key press) does not come on. After re-sync.ing the remote and the receiver several times it starts to work again, if it likes to.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? If so is it a software or hardware problem?

Cheers,
Batu.

DigitalFusio

Portal Pro
January 16, 2009
Minnesota
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This truly seems like an awsome remote

One question though. Is it possible to use IR for some buttons and RF for some or do I have to have the same for all buttons.

It would be nice to have RF for all butons used to PC and learn my tv buttons, etc and use them with IR

You should be able to do this with an IR Blaster hooked up to your PC. The computer receives an RF command from the remote and you could have it set up to pass out a different command via IR to another device.

this is exactly what I am trying to do right now! The IRSS plugin forces you to not have any remotes selected in MP config so most of what I read here wont work?

fabien44

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006
I upgrade to MP 1.1.0 beta and now when i start MP i cannot anymore use up, down, left, right and ok keys from my gyration remote (others keys work). HID generic remote is checked. To make it work i must left click with mouse and after theses keys are activated and working.
Any idea?

leetwanker

Portal Member
June 2, 2007
I upgrade to MP 1.1.0 beta and now when i start MP i cannot anymore use up, down, left, right and ok keys from my gyration remote (others keys work). HID generic remote is checked. To make it work i must left click with mouse and after theses keys are activated and working.
Any idea?

I was having this same problem. It's either that your keyboard.xml file isn't compatible with your current version of MP or the KeyboardInputPlugin version you have installed isn't compatible. Try upgrading to 2.2.0.0 version of the plug-in and maybe even use the MCE example version of the Keyboard.xml file and configure that to work properly. This is what I'm in the process of doing now. Once I have everything working the way I like it, including the Eventghost configuration for the buttons that aren't directly compatible/recognizable by MP or KeyboardInputPlugin, I'll post whatever configuration I come up with to make it easier for others to get this sunuvabitch combination up and running properly.

Keep a tight ass,
LW:D

Berns

Portal Pro
July 27, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
IanCalderban,

I want to thank you for the superb manual on page 13 of this forum subject. It helped me on doing a full usage gyration install.

The connect, setup and device buttons do not work, but they are used for programming the remote, not for using it. Surprisingly the DVD Menu button on that row works.
I've managed to get the teletext buttons to work by using the "message plugin".

All,

I found out that on the 3rd of the 7 gyration devices (could be a different one in your case), pushing the power button (top right of gyration remote) generates an event, with button ID 1.
To do that I first disabled actions for computer power button in the control panel of Vista.

My aim is to put ALT-F4 behind this gyration power button, both in MP and in the system. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Edit: The ALT-F4 button was simply added to the list of macros, and the remote button event triggers it. Pressing the button from within MP stops MP immediately. Pressing it again shows the windows shutdown screen. I'm sure one could do a lot of fancy stuff with it, but this, for me, is fit for purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread