H.264 on Windows MCE (1 Viewer)

Steve

Portal Member
December 11, 2005
I can't even get windows media center to find nero encoded h.264 mp4 files.

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why bother us with your MCE problems here??? This is a MP forum and especially this is the subsection "Media Portal talk". If posting your MCE problems here chose at least off topic as that's what it is...

Maschine

pepsi_max2k

Portal Member
    December 11, 2005
    err... does MP play em? i know there's loads of my stuff it doesn't wanna know about. still, at least it no longer crashes when i try to open them 8) maybe there's some codecs needed...

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    pepsi_max2k said:
    err... does MP play em? i know there's loads of my stuff it doesn't wanna know about. still, at least it no longer crashes when i try to open them 8) maybe there's some codecs needed...

With Quicktime Alternate, HD Trailers from Apple work fine. In MP however there is no sound, as you can see below...

h264graph.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Database Scrapers don't index my TV Series single files in the following containers MP4, MOV, AVI, ASF, WMV, MKV, FLV, TS, MTS, M2TS, DAT, MPG, MPEG, DIV, DIVX, VOB, ISO, TRP I use the following simple format for container ISO (ISO's are full copies of DVD with all warnings, info, even encription intact) TV Series Name 00x00-00...
    Database Scrapers don't index my TV Series single files in the following containers MP4, MOV, AVI, ASF, WMV, MKV, FLV, TS, MTS...
    My Tv Series are in the Format. TV Series Name 00x00 Episode Name The First 00 is the Series Number The Second 00 is the Episode...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 recording video DE
    VLC has a browser add-on that allows you to start a video selected in your browser in VLC, you then can use its record button. Doesn't always work though, my guess is it won't on protected vids but it is the only thing I have found other than the excellent download capability of Online Videos when available.
    VLC has a browser add-on that allows you to start a video selected in your browser in VLC, you then can use its record button...
    so really looking for an open source program that will record streams on the computer. not really found one that works well yet...
    Replies
    Views
    Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further discussion it’s better to open another thread. I’ll mark the EPG topic as solved.
    Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further...
    Hi there, Have just installed Media Portal 2 for a play around; mainly my interests are for watching/recording live FTA tv and...
    Replies
    Views
    I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I discovered that my other two Mediaportal Client PCs running Windows 10 would no longer work. I now have them both working and as I could not find any discussions on similar problems, I thought I would just post my...
    I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I...
    I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I...
    Replies
    Views
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be displayed in that application. This does not happen with MP2. If I try to open a .ts file (or any other video file type associated with Media Portal) rather than displaying the recording it merely opens...
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be...
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom