Help with samples filter RegEx (1 Viewer)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    was expecting a full path+file match, which might explain why searching for \Extras\ or /Extras/ can fail if the folder string does not contain the 'slash' at the end.
    Agree, Then regexp this should work:
    Code:
    ([/\\]((sample)|(extra)|(trailer))s?[/\\]?)
    but it's better to change:
    Code:
    match = expr.Match(file.DirectoryName).Success;
    to:
    Code:
    match = expr.Match(file.FullName).Success;

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Also I can't remember if .Success works on regular expression arrays, in which case you would have to simplify your expressions to ensure no array results are returned.
    Worked ...
    The Success property is true if at least one substring was captured by this group. It is equivalent to the Boolean expression (Group.Captures.Count > 0).
    PS:
    But you can always get away from creating groups: :coffee:
    Code:
    (?:[/\\](?:(?:sample)|(?:extra)|(?:trailer))s?[/\\]?)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @ajs, thanks for the research, I wonder if we scared @kiwijunglist off yet with our tech analysis :)

@ltfearme might be an idea indeed to use file.FullName to avoid these issues, as it makes more sense I think, and would allow for better regular expressions that avoid false positives.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @RoChess - Started a new job today at a different hospital =) but yea don't have much understanding of RegEx :D[DOUBLEPOST=1450073672][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Code:
    (?:[/\\](?:(?:sample)|(?:extra)|(?:trailer))s?[/\\]?)

^ so this is what i should use for the moment>

Last edited:

Matt Kirby

Portal Member
    June 14, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've worked something out that might be helpful - when changing the sample regex, you also need to look at the file size filter as well - it's not either/or, its both. And restarting Moving Pictures also seems to help - sometimes I made changes that didn't seem to take effect until I did.

In the advanced settings, the "Settings Details" text for the regex setting suggests that the regex will be used to identify "that the file is a possible sample".

Then, for the max filesize setting it says "if the filesize of the potential sample file is below this value it will be skipped".

So - it first uses the regex, and then checks the size - so only files that match regex and are lower than the size will be ignored.

I have downloaded trailers in the same folder as my films, and I'd rather have Moving Pictures ignore them as I use the trailers plugin if I want to watch the trailer. Otherwise the trailer plays after the film, and the calculated time of the film is off.

I don't know if this will work for files in a separate folder however.

I tried the simple regex of "sample|plugin" which didn't make any difference, until I also changed the filesize - as my trailers were bigger than the default 150. Setting this to 200, restarting Moving Pictures, and sending a film back to the importer resulted in the film being imported, without the trailer being added.

The more complex regex didn't seem to work - but I'm not worried about my simpler regex causing false positives - as any film file with either the word "sample" or "trailer" in the title will be bigger than 200 Mb, so won't be ignored.

Users who are viewing this thread