Ongoing How fast CPU have your Media Portal HTPC? (1 Viewer)

How fast CPU have your Media Portal HTPC?

• Total voters

tangmonster

Portal Pro
February 1, 2007
cape town
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
My 2.4Ghz celeron with 512mb ram and 5200 fx screencard seems very happy.

i have a 40gig ide for windows installation (also has pictures) and the 250Gb ide with all the movies en tv series. want to add another 200 gig later. I don't see why you need a better screen card than the barely dx 9 5200fx.

Even my home pc still has a 9550 agp screen card. Whish i had money to get a better card there though

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I just got another AMD X2 3800+ socket 939 to replace My 3200+ in my media center, its clocked at 2.2 right now but will go little highier once I get a new hsf :D

karamellz

Portal Member
May 9, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Right now I use my laptop, Intel C2D T5500 - 1024 RAM, cause all I watch is HD (except for shows that don't air in HD, duh). Waiting for the delivery of my new system, which is Intel C2D E6420 in a nice Antec Fusion case. Futureproof :)

Karamellz~

givendale

Portal Member
June 6, 2007
Home Country
Intel 2.4 GHz, 1.5 Gig RAM, ASUS P4P800 Delux MB

Takes about 10- 15 seconds to change channelsbut since this is my first HTPC I have nothing to compare it to.

Mght try overclocking and see what happens.

Givendale

dcwp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Astana
    Home Country
    Intel 2.4 GHz, 1.5 Gig RAM, ASUS P4P800 Delux MB

Takes about 10- 15 seconds to change channelsbut since this is my first HTPC I have nothing to compare it to.

Mght try overclocking and see what happens.

Givendale

I'm far from an expert on these things, but I doubt that processor power is slowing down your channel-change. I would be hesitant to overclock unless you are using this computer for other processes simultaneous with TV. Otherwise you'll likely get more heat than speed.

In the TV menu in setup.exe there is a place where you can set the delay for channel change. I'm at work now and can't remember where that is exactly, but you should be able to find it pretty quickly. It's set by default to I think 2 or 5 seconds, but I have mine set to .5 seconds and it works fine.

Also, if you have time-shifting auto-enabled it may slow down channel changing in my experience.

just my $0.02

Dubyahjay

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Atlanta
    Home Country
    AMD 64 X2 6000 and 2 gigs of DDR2 800 here. Futureproofing for HD contents!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find them in MP2. See here for further info. Quote:- MP2 uses the concept of distributed media, but centralized information. This means that your media items can be anywhere - on your MP2 Server, on your MP2...
    If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find...
    I started experimenting with tuner cards and HTPC before Jack Valenti and his DRM-media Nazis ruined things with their HDCP and DRM...
    Replies
    Views
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home theatre room with a beamer and has Media Portal installed, from the living room, where there is a TV that is connected to the HTPC. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this remote control once the...
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
    Replies
    Views
    That is not supported. In folder view you can just navigate through the pre-defined folder structure, you loose also the filter options, thouse are only existing in library view. In MP2 I watched SBS 3D movies. Important ist just the TV supports it, because MP2 send them of course in splitted screen and the TV needs to merge them. I...
    That is not supported. In folder view you can just navigate through the pre-defined folder structure, you loose also the filter...
    Hi there - just registered and I have some basic questions on how to MediaPortal provides similar experience for Movies, Music and...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.3 mp2.3.2 slow Client DE
    I have the same problem in Win 11 pro and MP 2.4.1... As soon I move the mouse the MP client turns really slow or unresponsive.
    I have the same problem in Win 11 pro and MP 2.4.1... As soon I move the mouse the MP client turns really slow or unresponsive.
    Good evening, having just fresh installed media portal 2.3.2. Looking at trialing again as it now seems to support what I am...
    Replies
    Views
    Are you using a Windows "N" version or similar? Those versions are missing the Windows Media stuff, which need to be installed separately. The call which fails above is related to the Enhanced Video Renderer (EVR) which doesn't seem to find required filters
    Are you using a Windows "N" version or similar? Those versions are missing the Windows Media stuff, which need to be installed...
    I have a new install of Windows 10 (2004), running Media Portal 2.2.3, on a machine that's set up to be a dedicated HTPC. I can...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom