How to setup only german channels in online videos (2 Viewers)

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi, what do I have to do if I will only see german channels in online videos. The filter function is not comfortable, I whish to see only the german channels and no other in the main screen.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can create your own personal channel selection and only get to see those.

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And how do I do that? I try to delete all channels and add only the Germans to the list, but the result is always the same... … I get a list of all channels

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I get a list of all channels
    Probably an issue with some old setting files.

Delete everything of the kind *0nlinevideos*.xml in your config directory: you should have one file in the main config and three more in your user directory - the long number names. Delete everything, restart MP .Go to OV settings and remove everything. Then add one site for testing and check if it's permanent, i.e. restart the client app and verify if it's still there. If yes, add all the others.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, what do I have to do if I will only see german channels in online videos. The filter function is not comfortable, I whish to see only the german channels and no other in the main screen.
    That's what I told @offbyone once. Instead of a language group site a language filter is much better. It is once set and remembered. WebRadio plugin and all other media additions in MP2 are working like that .

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's what I told @offbyone once. Instead of a language group site a language filter is much better. It is once set and remembered. WebRadio plugin and all other media additions in MP2 are working like that .
    Just curious but I am not sure I understand that comment on the basis that I can use saved Favourites in OV to limit which sites are displayed when opening the plugin, see 1st screenshot attached. On the other hand although in Web Radio I can add Filters and Favourites when I open the plugin it always displays everything and I must then navigate to the right side before I get a menu to select the saved Filter or Favourites, see 2nd screenshot attached.
    Is there a way in Web Radio to select and display a filter or favourites on opening the plugin?
    ov.jpg web.jpg

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just curious but I am not sure I understand that comment on the basis that I can use saved Favourites in OV to limit which sites are displayed when opening the plugin, see 1st screenshot attached.
    I was not aware of this, need to try that. But still it would require always one click through the language category. The smater way is to set a filter that showes you always the sites for this language directly until you change it.

On the other hand although in Web Radio I can add Filters and Favourites when I open the plugin it always displays everything and I must then navigate to the right side before I get a menu to select the saved Filter or Favourites, see 2nd screenshot attached.
    Is there a way in Web Radio to select and display a filter or favourites on open the plugin?
    You are right, it's a bug. I've reported it to @BigGranu a few days before and he is working on fixing this I think.

Users who are viewing this thread