HVR - 2200 Support (1 Viewer)

wyldcyde

June 13, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
i'm at work now.
i will try 19376 svn and if that doesn't work i'll post log files.
thanks!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @wyldcyde: Welecom!
    HVR-2200 digital and analog side working for me with latest SVN. Can you delete all your tvserver logs, just before you preview a channel then immediately zip and attach your logs. This will give us a good idea where it might be failing.

Does the latest SVN also fix the issue with the HVR2200 being unable to scan for FM radio?

daleski

Portal Member
    January 5, 2006
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Home Country
    hi guys! looks like this HVR2200 is a go-er :) I'm really only interested in the DVB-T aspect, but it will be nice to have analog backup!
    What is the channel change time like for DVB-T on this card? Have you compared to any other cards?
    Also, any problems with sleep/resume like with some other hauppauge cards?
    thanks,
    Dale

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

Someone has compared the HVR2200 to some other cards on geekzone.co.nz
    The HVR2200 came out slightly faster. I didn't have any problems with sleep/resume when i was using vista64 + HVR2200.
    I am back to XP. My personal experience is the channel changing is slightly slower in XP.
    However i am using different codecs in XP (PDVD8) in Vista i was using FFDShow/PowerCinema codecs.

madad

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So is it recommended to use PDVD8 over coreavc as codec for HD? I've just added an HVR2200 to my tvserver setup and am having some problems.

-=GiNo=-

November 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi all,

I'm planning to buy a TV card soon and was looking at the WinTV-HVR-2200 with interest. From this thread it looks like the card is now fully supported under MP. Do you confirm this?

I am looking at this card as it has two tuners. Will I be able to watch one analog/digital channel while recording a different one, all using MP? Except for the digital part, would I reach the same result by buying two WinTV-PVR-150?

Thanks for your help.

GiNo

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yes, the hvr2200 can record 1x analog and 1x digital channel at once. It can also record more than one digital channel on a single digital mux. Ie you could record 1x analog + 2x digital at once if both digital channels are on the same mux. If the digital channels are on seperate muxes then you can record 2x digital channels at once.

Leighton

December 31, 2008
    Home Country
    I just set up my HTPC and almost everything is working very nicely - scary how easy it was with MediaPortal.

A couple of questions:

1) Channel 9 HD occasionally freezes for about 15 seconds, but neither 7 nor 10 do the same.
    2) Mediaportal doesn't seem to recognise Blu-Rays, is this due to the HDCP requirements?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread