HVR - 2200 Support (1 Viewer)

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My new HVR-2200 card is now installed and I can see 2 DVB-T and 2 Analogue cards in TV server. I realise the analogue ones won't work yet...

But for some reason only one of my DVB-T cards can pick up channels, the 2nd just doesn't find anything when I scan. Any ideas? How can I add the channels manually to that card?

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey Tommy, In TvServer config you need to go to "TV Mapping" under the "TV Channels" section; select the second DVB-T Card and add all the channels to it. Latest weekley snap is out now which has the fix for analog support.

galeap

Portal Member
    June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi all,

Just an update on my luck with SVN:19311 and the HVR-2200 tuner card.

I installed the SVN, which was my first and I must admit I was a bit worried that I would loose all of my past efforts in configuration for MP. Luckly I don't seem to have any such issues (fingers crossed).

However, I did have to rescan my digital TV stations due to install of the TV server. WHen I went to scan the Analog tuners, the scan would commence and about 90% of the way through I would get the Blue Screen Of Death. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium SP1. :eek:

I tried this twice with the same result.. I decided to see if there were any later drivers for the HVR-2200 then what came on the disk. And I found the following site: New Magic / Hauppauge Vista Driver Support Page

Which has a later set of drivers. I installed these and am now able to complete the scan of analog channels. :D I find 7 channels on the house antenna. However when I go to view them using preview, all I get is a black blank screen?:mad:

I then moved on pluging the RF out of my VCR directly onto the tuner instead of the TV antenna and scanned again. I found the one expected channel, however once again when I went to preview all I got was a black viewing screen.

Finally I tried to get the SVideo input side of things going (Composite video from my VCR ). However I suffered the same faith again for all of the SVHS channels that are created. :(

Can anyone out there confirm that that now have the analog side of their HVR-2200 now working after installing this SVN? I am particulary intrested in working examples of the SVideo input working.

Any help that you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Pete.

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I ran into the same problem with the latest SVN, I can scan the channels now with the analog part of the HVR2200, but on preview I get a black screen.

So one step forward, but still not there.

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    TV-Server Version: TV server 1.0 RC1 (Latest SVN)
    MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal 1.0 RC1 (latest SVN)
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two Wide
    Windows Version: Windows XP SP3 (up to date)
    CPU Type: Intel C2D 6750 @ 3.6Ghz (water chilled)
    HDD: 3TB total Maxtor/WD
    Memory: 2GB Crucial BalistiX @ 1066Mhz
    Motherboard: ASUS P5K-e WiFi
    Video Card: Nvidia 8800GTS 320MB
    Video Card Driver: Latest WHQL driver
    Sound Card: Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: Latest official
    1. TV Card: Hauppaugge HVR-2200
    1. TV Card Type: Hybride
    1. TV Card Driver: Latest official
    MPEG2 Video Codec: InterVideo nonCSS Decoder for Hauppauge
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: InterVideo nonCSS Decoder for Hauppauge
    h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow video Decoder
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Koolance
    Cooling: Water Chilled
    Power Supply: 650 Watt
    Remote: Microsoft IR remote
    TV: Samsung SyncMaster 226cw @ 1680x1050
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

Same here with Windows XP Pro SP3 Eng.
    All goed well. The channels seem to work when I start timeshifting from the TV server configuration. But all I'm getting is a black image when I start a channel in MP.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    As already said in SVN thread but see that i have to repeat it here.
    MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-06-07-2008 02-05h - Revision:19311 & analog cards are NO GO, do not use time on installing it if you use analog cards it will simply not work & do NOT post bugs about it, we know about the problem but don't know when it will be fixed.......
    If you need to use that revision, use the old TsReader.ax, but DO NOT report bugs with that combination(did i say do not report bugs about it!!!) ;)

Regards
    Roy

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Copied the old TsReader file into the MP folder, and the HVR2200 (analog) now works like a dream.

Users who are viewing this thread