iMon... innaccurate?!?! (1 Viewer)

levellers

January 12, 2006
UK
Does anyone find the iMon remote pad really innacurrate in MP? Just bought the Silverstone LC16-M in silver with the built in VFD and IR and the case is lush, but the remote is definately not WAF (or WAG?) compliant!

BoelShit

Portal Pro
November 6, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
really no problems with the iMON pad... just be sure to replace the standard batteries immediately with better ones :lol:

Mutly

Portal Member
November 16, 2005
Hi levellers. I am running the same case and remote. I find that if there is too much direct sunlight on the VFD then the remote becomes very unresponsive. In low ambient light with new batteries it is fine. I think it is just lacking somewhat in power. That said, it intergrates really well with MP.

Molokoids

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
I think the pad when used for arrows is a pain. Nothing beats four different buttons.

And the IR receiver is too directional (and proprietary and the imon-girder plugin not so great). And the VFD is too small.

Mutly

Portal Member
November 16, 2005
Molokoids said:
I think the pad when used for arrows is a pain. Nothing beats four different buttons.

And the IR receiver is too directional (and proprietary and the imon-girder plugin not so great). And the VFD is too small.

Really? I find the pad really good (if a bit sensitive now and then). Is especially useful when using it in mouse mode. The native Media Portal plugin for the iMon VFD works well for me. I do agree that it is a bit directional.

Molokoids

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
Mutly said:
Is especially useful when using it in mouse mode.

Yes, in mouse mode I find it convienent but for up/down... it drives my girldfriend crazy. Especially when she's aiming at the opposite side of the mediacenter... ;)

mhko00

Portal Member
September 26, 2005
Fredericia, Danmark
Silverstone lc16m

I saw that some of you are using the silverstone lc16m case.
I have one as well the vfd is working fine does some one of you use the buttons and the nob on the case? if so how to program then?

Mutly

Portal Member
November 16, 2005
Re: Silverstone lc16m

mhko00 said:
I saw that some of you are using the silverstone lc16m case.
I have one as well the vfd is working fine does some one of you use the buttons and the nob on the case? if so how to program then?

My buttons and volume knob worked out of the box.. I loaded all the drivers that came with the silverstone case and once everything was plugged into the onboard USB it just worked. I'm not sure if you can customise the functions of the buttons (not actually tried).

mhko00

Portal Member
September 26, 2005
Fredericia, Danmark
Re: Silverstone lc16m

Mutly said:
My buttons and volume knob worked out of the box.. I loaded all the drivers that came with the silverstone case and once everything was plugged into the onboard USB it just worked. I'm not sure if you can customise the functions of the buttons (not actually tried).

Do the buttons and knob work in MP as well? ( Sorry I was not clear enough)

Do you know if it is possible to show the date next to the time on the vfd on the idel screen?

Users who are viewing this thread