Import multiple files? (1 Viewer)

odin318

Portal Pro
April 21, 2006
I know that this is more of a Ant question, but I coudlnt find anything. Is there a way to quickly import movies from windows/dvd-r?

thanks.

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Yes it's more an Ant question...
In future release coming soon you can associate multifile to one ANT's enreg.

For example : MyDivxn url = c:\myvideos\myfilm.avi;d:\others\next.avi
the plugin will build a playlist with all files found on DD for playing.

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
UK
Alas no. You have to create blank records and drag and drop each file on. There are some utils people have written to try and work around it (should be avail on ant web somewhere), but I didn't find them to work well for me. It is a very obviously missing feature in Ant.

runarius

Portal Pro
February 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
yes, but is it possible to get the filename too? When I import using their methods, I can't get the filename of the movies. Other than that, it works great.

ryall

Portal Member
November 21, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I've just finished writing a windows importer for Ant, it does filenames, sizes, number of disks etc.

It also creates playlists for multi-part files too, thanks to zebons for implementing such a great feature. :D

It's called AVIList, you can find it here

WeBoat

Portal Member
January 21, 2007
Hi Ryall.

I just tried your program and I got a bunch of errors that it couldn't open files and finally an error 700 and it crashed. Also, it only found 545 files in my directory of over 1000......

Just FYI

ryall

Portal Member
November 21, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Odin318: Glad you liked it. It's been a lifesaver for me too ;)

WeBoat: did you get the errors when you were searching? or afterward when saving the info? I've noticed it doesn't like some types of avi's when I was testing with some small files, although I had no problems with any in my collection (about 550). AVIList will only add files that it can process (ie no errors), this is probably why it only found 545. Also could you tell me how your files are named? I'd like to see if this might be causing the errors, maybe I can make it a little more flexible when searching.

Thanks for the input guys :)

Users who are viewing this thread