Importing new movies fails (1 Viewer)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since I sent some movies back to the importer, it'll hang on startup, not find any hits mor new movies and crash if a manual re-scan is initiated...

any ideas on this one?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Your log file is not in debug verbosity, so all I can verify for you is that things indeed crash for you on import with a NullException.

Provide more info if you want a better answer. It does appear to relate at the MediaInfo level, so more then likely you have a corrupt file somewhere, but no telling which one without more info.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'll try to gather more logs, thanks for the information so far!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Requim, you appear to have database corruption, because I instantly see:

Code:
    28-May-2013 23:54:37 Error [	SettingsManager]: Failed loading setting data for NoiseFilter. System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

This can be fixed, but it tends to be an indicator of more problems. So best move is to copy and paste or write down all the important settings (make screenshots of the existing settings, copy and paste import path, etc) and then just delete the db3 and start over. You might be lucky that MovPic secured an auto backup when you upgraded it, but I never risk it myself (the backup can be corrupted as well) and just start over..

If you like a clean collection, you can also purge your thumb/artwork folder, incase you have added/removed a lot of movies in past usage.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, in this case this could have happened when sending back a movie to the importer, I think

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just deleted thumbs and database, importer seems to work fine now. Thank you.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I frequently use a little utility that puts a nfo file with the imdb id# inside every movie folder, for situations like this. When you have over 1000 movies it makes things a lot easier, I can create a new database without having to confirm any movie matches :)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sounds good. Normally, I have incremental daily full system backups on my server and could just go back to a working state if anything fails. But I just recently set up my HTPC from scratch as some things were serioously f** up. What kind of tool is it that you use?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    MovPicNFO, it is actually an MPEI now, so installs easy. It stores everything in XBMC NFO format and can secure artwork, so you can do a full off-line re-import if needed. For XBMC import to work you have to position it as primary script, so be sure to read the instructions on that for future import/recovery.

MovPic also offers a build in renamer option, and you can add [${movie.imdb_id}] to the end of the folder and/or file rename pattern, but this still requires the scraper-scripts to do an on-line test.

Users who are viewing this thread