initial support for Hauppuage HD-PVR (1 Viewer)

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
August 22, 2008
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
So you do have TME working with the PVR now right?
I know I had the same issue as you are having now, but I had so many issues I have no clue what fixed it...sorry.
What codecs do you have for live tv?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Are you running 1.1 Beta 1 WileE? I haven't installed Win7 on my HTPC yet, mostly because the MePo people haven't finally come out and say the compatibility if fully there for it yet. I'd really like to know what you find.

At the moment, yes, I am running 1.1 Beta 1 on Windows 7. I have changed OS's & Mediaportal versions more this week than my underwear (dont laugh, its really true :) )

Here's what I have found thus far....

On Windows Vista - Hauppauge HVR-1600:
    MP 1.0.2
    . QAM works
    . FM works

MP 1.1 Beta 1
    . QAM works
    . FM works

On Windows 7 - Hauppauge HVR-1600:
    MP 1.0.2
    . FM works
    . QAM does not work (Digital tuner is not found by MP)

MP 1.1 Beta 1
    . FM works
    . QAM does not work (Digital tuner is not found by MP)

On Windows 7 - ATI HDTV Wonder:
    MP 1.1 Beta 1
    . QAM tuner is found, but cannot scan for channels.

In all the configs above the HD-PVR's worked without incident. So as of now, Im running Windows 7 with 1.1 Beta 1 with my HD-PVR tuners working great, but no QAM. Im not sure why MP doesnt recognize the digital tuner on the HVR-1600, the Hauppuage WinTV software finds the tuner and scans channels just fine :(

Get this SVN build:
    Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

Your QAM card should now be found in Windows 7

DMAN

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    How do you know it works? Can you capture and record video with it? Adjust the HDPVR settings in it?

What version of the HDPVR driver are you using?

antonehenry

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Alrighty, I'm an idiot installing from the wrong cd.

Just ordered a new one for free from Hauppauge. I was so confused. Hopefully the right version of TME helps me out. =] I'm not too hopeful though. haha

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Get this SVN build:
    Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

Your QAM card should now be found in Windows 7

DMAN

@SJeffrey & Ixian,
    You will be interested to know that although this version still has some QAM issues, it seems the channel changing jitter issue seems to be resolved!!! Granted I have only been playing with it for a few hours ,but so far it looks very promising...

@SJeffrey & Ixian,
    You will be interested to know that although this version still has some QAM issues, it seems the channel changing jitter issue seems to be resolved!!! Granted I have only been playing with it for a few hours ,but so far it looks very promising...

Scrap that :(

I was playing last night and had AC3Filter & my reciever set to analog input, but as soon as I changed everything back to SPDIF input the jitter returned :(

microwav

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 30, 2009
    San Diego
    Home Country
    My HD-PRV seems to be taking priority of recording over my QAM tuners. I have it set to 1, the lowest priority, but it still seems to be the default recorder. Anyone else having this issue?

Also comskip doesn't seem to work with it either. Any ideas?

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Not sure about the priority issue - WileE may be able to help you, he uses QAM with the HDPVR.

Comskip, you need to make sure you have the "donate" version, it's the only one that works with h.264 video still I believe.

(this of course means you need to donate a little money to the author).

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Not sure about the priority issue - WileE may be able to help you, he uses QAM with the HDPVR.

Comskip, you need to make sure you have the "donate" version, it's the only one that works with h.264 video still I believe.

(this of course means you need to donate a little money to the author).

Im afraid my setup probably differs from most. I have my tuners & guides set up independent of each other. I did not combine the channels from my HD-PVR's with my HVR-1600 (mainly because my HD-PVR's are hooked to Directv and my HVR-1600 is connected to TWC.) So I set up seperate groups for the channels, TWC for my Time Warner Cable & Directv for my Directv Channels. So if I set something to record from TWC, it will automatically use the QAM tuner....

Chesh, you could probably chime in here... You use HD-PVR's & QAM correct?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hey guys,
    SJeffrey and I have made efforts to resolve the "jitter after channel change" issue, but the issue still persists. I have started a thread in the Beta 1 forum here -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...hd-pvr-tv-jitters-after-channel-change-70767/

If you too are having the issue, please post your logs and any other information you may have so maybe the MP team can knock out this bug...

Thanks!
    Wile E.

antonehenry

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Okay, I got my Hauppauge CD again in the mail. It is working just dandy with TME. No problem.

Try to use it in MP 1.0.2, no dice. It just does not respond. MediaPortal freezes while it waits for the HD PVR to start showing it picture, and I have to manually disconnect it, stop TV Service or restart. It does not want to start up with MP. I have no clue why. The log just says "2009-09-20 17:27:23.718750 [6]: subch:0 wait for pmt:100" a bunch of times. From what I understand is that it's waiting. Well nothing happens. Why not? =[

In my previous experience, TME should not work with TV Service running. But right now TME is working while TV Service is running.... could that be a clue?

Reinstalling MP yet again....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom