Is this guy selling your hard work? (1 Viewer)

jazZman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    I sent this message to the bidders :
    Re:Microsoft Windows XP Media Portal Edition Center 2005!!
    I maybe totally out of place here, but the software you are bidding on (by the screen-shots)
    appears to have a striking resemblance to an open-source project by the name of Media Portal
    (http://mediaportal.sourceforge.net/) if this is the case, then save your money and
    download it for free. If not then you have my appologies for this interuption and happy bidding.

Responses so far :
    majorlag00
    Thanks the info, you're right I think it's that, this fXXXX is selling free sXXX. Thanks again.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    rickola@cox.net
    LOL How funny! I gave up on it earlier after not finding didly on the
    Microsoft site! But thanks, I am downloading it now, and I believe it is
    the same thing they are trying to sell. Is that "E-bay Legal"?
    They should know
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

:wink:

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    jazZman, I love it, keep posting responses as you get them.
    Now he's pretty much just advertising MP for us all and there's nothing like increasing the user base of great software...

I'll be interested to see what MS comes back with, too...

jazZman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    Marcusb, shall do ..... :wink:
    I have sent that message (above) to the following bidders

egs1691 , gillaou , cdb-i812 , majorlag00 , alfredgill , julien.jean11 ,
    ricknrod , simonjclarke , roddbw , prizzi1941

unfortunately I have reached my message limit on Ebay, if anyone else would like to spread the word, feel free to copy the text :lol:

Now he's pretty much just advertising MP for us all and there's nothing like increasing the user base of great software...
    I would prefer if they have the readys to splash around that they give it to the guys that earned it

sigh

Portal Member
    September 6, 2005
    Has anyone here read the GPL license agreement, or did we just foget that this is an open source project and what that means?

M

mrdooby

Hey, I just noticed the word 'microsoft' has been removed from further item listings. Maybe folks complained. It would be good to note that the description changed though peeps.

I wonder if Cytechnet scans this forum and whether he/she would like to comment?

Cheers...

mfo

Portal Member
    February 24, 2005
    FRANCE
    jazZman said:
    I sent this message to the bidders :
    Re:Microsoft Windows XP Media Portal Edition Center 2005!!
    I maybe totally out of place here, but the software you are bidding on (by the screen-shots)
    appears to have a striking resemblance to an open-source project by the name of Media Portal
    (http://mediaportal.sourceforge.net/) if this is the case, then save your money and
    download it for free. If not then you have my appologies for this interuption and happy bidding.

Responses so far :
    majorlag00
    Thanks the info, you're right I think it's that, this fXXXX is selling free sXXX. Thanks again.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    rickola@cox.net
    LOL How funny! I gave up on it earlier after not finding didly on the
    Microsoft site! But thanks, I am downloading it now, and I believe it is
    the same thing they are trying to sell. Is that "E-bay Legal"?
    They should know
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

:wink:

Just sent a message to all the guys biding on those so called "Window XP Media Portal". Those sellers should be ripped open !

M

mrdooby

CHli said:
    http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html

Selling GPL is not forbidden, but better words would be distributing free software for a fee.

But selling Media Portal as it was MCE this is bad !

Howdy.

Quote from above:
    'Distributing free software is an opportunity to raise funds for development. Don't waste it!'

I very much doubt Cytechcrapnet will be ploughing the funds back to mediaportal. Or perhaps if he/she is reading this they may do to quiet'en things down. Charging a fee for making and sending a CD is all well and good but not if it reaches 70 bucks or more and has reference to it being a Microsoft product. It is purely extortion and should be stopped instantly.

My 2cents.

Users who are viewing this thread