ITV1 stuttering and crashes MP (4 Viewers)

theidiot

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    ITV 1 crashes MP. Either nuking it entirely or the pictures disappears and it just shows a green screen, the sound keeps going.

I've updated everything, I can.

System info attached

Attachments

• MP_Logs_TELLY_24_06_22_18_33.zip
      59.7 KB
    • TV SysInfo.txt
      704.8 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have never used satellite TV, so I am not familiar with the common problems that can occur when using it. However, the file tvserver_TsWriter.log has these lines repeated many times:

Code:
    [2024-06-22 18:30:33,668] [9964648] [17a0] - pmtgrabber: grab pmt:101 sid:cb97
    [2024-06-22 18:30:33,743] [9964648] [1a54] - pmtgrabber: got pmt 101 sid:cb9b
    [2024-06-22 18:30:33,743] [9964648] [1a54] - pmtgrabber: serviceid mismatch cb9b != cb97

with a bit later this line repeated many times:

Code:
    [2024-06-22 18:30:43,747] [9964648] [1a54] - PMT Pid wasn't found on the PAT. Channel may have moved, try a new channel scan.

The log says to try a new channel scan. I don't know whether that will solve the problem, but perhaps it is worth a try?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The log says to try a new channel scan.
    I’ll give it another go.
    One point about channel scans: when channels move, the default action is for TV Server to add the new channel to the existing list of channels, and to leave the old non-working channel in the channel list. Therefore on completion of the scan, you need to sort the channels into number order, and then visually scan the list looking for duplicates. When you find duplicates, try them both using the "Preview" button, and delete the channel that does not work.

DVB-T has an Enable channel movement detection setting, which causes TV Server to avoid duplicates where possible, but this is not possible in every case, so you still need visually to scan the list looking for duplicates. I don't know whether DVB-S has this setting.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi,
    can you post short recorded sample(causing your crash) of the 'ITV 1' from the TvServer, so we can test the video?
    • do you have the same problem in VLC or MPC-HC player?
    • unfortunately the MediaPortal log is empty
    • does the MePo crashes randomly or immediately right after start of the playback?

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    DVB-T has an Enable channel movement detection setting, which causes TV Server to avoid duplicates where possible, but this is not possible in every case, so you still need visually to scan the list looking for duplicates. I don't know whether DVB-S has this setting.
    This setting exist for DVB-T, DVB-S, DVB-C and DVB-IP, not for ATSC, nor for Analog. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread