keyboard, mouse, or remote to control MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

which is your primary control method for MediaPortal

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

just like the display poll, im interested in which way everyone controls the app.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Remote Control, becuase i want a real HTPC for my living room. :) So support für Remote Control out of the box would be great (as mentioned before as an feature request).

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    I control it with a keyboard. It is a wireless keyboard from cherry with higher frequency that easily works over 4 m distance.

But for the future - or should I say for my wife - a remote control would be fine. :)

tomtom21000

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    since this is made for windows...mouse support would be great

if i had a capture card...i would want a remote instead

Helza

Portal Pro
    April 29, 2004
    Keyboard... :)

I map my Remote Control to the keys needed myself so i don't need to load a seperate program... I just use Hauppauge's remote program ;)

A

Anonymous

ATI remote wonder with girder goodness. Still have a few things to work out with it though.

A

Anonymous

I would like to see a lot more mouse support. eg.:

Context-menus on right-click
    Action-menus on left-click
    OSD on mouse movement
    Auto-hide mouse on video playback
    Fullscreen/windowed video on double-click
    Mouse wheel support (scrolling lists, tv guide, ctrl-wheel to zoom, etc.)
    Back and Home buttons on every page and on OSD

Stuff like that...

RedDom

Portal Member
    May 9, 2004
    UK
    This is by far the best looking front end I have ever used, I would drop myhtpc for this in a second, if there was better remote control support, and pvr stuff.

Remote control. Would like to see more navigation buttons, e.g Back button.
    Also some of the more obvious keyboard shortcuts, such x for full screen and Y to add to playlist, need to be buttons.

Other: I would like to see a pocket pc interface, so I could control it without having to switch the tv on. (Like netremote). Maybe a web interface would suffice, but it should show things like.

Now Playing info (updated realitime with track time status etc)
    Add/remove tracks from playlist
    Standard controls for music/video/pvr e.g. play pause etc.
    View the TV Guide and set recordings etc without having tv on, or while watchiing tv full screen without having to switch to guide mode.

Thanks
    RD

Users who are viewing this thread