keyboard, mouse, or remote to control MediaPortal (2 Viewers)

which is your primary control method for MediaPortal

• Total voters

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ok, thanx.

Most default stuff will be setup for use with a remote then.

A

Anonymous

We've already added MediaPortal support to the Streamzap PC Remote (http://www.streamzap.com/) driver. It'll be available in our next release. If you already have a Streamzap PC Remote, let me know and I'll get you a beta version that has support included.

- jim

A

Anonymous

I asnwered remote to the poll because that it what I want to use. In reality, I am having to go back to the keyboard far too often. There are simply too many distinct keystrokes to make the remote easy to use. I really think the application's keyboard shortcuts need to be re-designed.

KlereBak

Portal Member
    June 20, 2004
    Keyboard is my main input device, but since i use an infrared wireless keyboard i'm able to transfer keyboard inputs to my remotecontroller (Marantz RC-3200). This way i'm able to use both. Only thing i can't use on my RC-3200 is key combinations like shift-key or alt-key, therefore it's important for me that i can control MediaPortal with simple keys like the arrow keys and text keys.

KlereBak

Portal Member
    June 20, 2004
    mama said:
    Are you sure you can´t? I learned my remote (Philips) such comands. It took a while, but it works. ;)

I tried, tried again and tried again, but no luck. I figured out that it is not my RC-3200 but the keyboard itself, it sends two sequences. But if you know how to do that, i'm willing to learn.

Schrauber

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2004
    Germany
    I have the RC3200 too.
    And learning from IR keyboard with key combinations worked in the following way:
    When learning, I pressed the two key exactly on the same time. Not shift at first. My Marantz learned the keys in this way. Maybe you must try several times before it works.
    Another way: Learn the shift (or ctrl) IR seperate. And the key you want. Then put this two codes on one key as a makro. So, that the Marantz send at first the code for shift and directly after this the key code. Maybe this works.

KlereBak

Portal Member
    June 20, 2004
    Schrauber said:
    I have the RC3200 too.
    And learning from IR keyboard with key combinations worked in the following way:
    When learning, I pressed the two key exactly on the same time. Not shift at first. My Marantz learned the keys in this way. Maybe you must try several times before it works.
    Another way: Learn the shift (or ctrl) IR seperate. And the key you want. Then put this two codes on one key as a makro. So, that the Marantz send at first the code for shift and directly after this the key code. Maybe this works.

Thanks, I will try that this weekend (if i have time left).

mama

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    Germany

Thats exactly how it worked for me. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread