keyboard, mouse, or remote to control MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

which is your primary control method for MediaPortal

• Total voters

cheffe97

Portal Pro
August 10, 2004
Berlin, Germany
touchscreen support

at the moment I use the mouse (have to use the keyboard but this is not my idea of a hometheater). But in the future I want to use a touchscreen to control MP. But therefore a lot more buttons would be needed. Maybe some day somebody makes a new skin... :) cheers

A

Anonymous

You're missing a touchscreen on that list of options. I know there's at least one other user on this forum using a touchscreen. :)

Just imagine a 15" touchscreen hanging on you wall with a mini-itx computer beneath it. Put that in the games room or the living room and you have the slickest stereo.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Remote control for me too.
    FYI I use an IMON remote which can power on & off my system... hmmm sexyyyy.

DMAN

A

Anonymous

Until i figure how to use the remote that came with my Leadtek Winfast TV USB II i use my Logitech MX700 :!:

A

Anonymous

I programmed my remote with MCE codes.
    Is there a way to make the other buttons do anything?
    Currently, the only buttons that work are the arrows, select and clear.
    My Music, My Programs, etc as well as the transport buttons (play, stop, ff, rewind,etc) do not work.

thanks

metoHTPC

Portal Member
    November 4, 2005
    THe Hague - Netherlands
    knubile said:
    You're missing a touchscreen on that list of options. I know there's at least one other user on this forum using a touchscreen. :)

Just imagine a 15" touchscreen hanging on you wall with a mini-itx computer beneath it. Put that in the games room or the living room and you have the slickest stereo.
    Yep, touchscreen isn't considered an option :-(.
    It makes 2 users now :)
    Main thing needed for touchscreen are:
    - buttons should not be to small / close together
    - it should be more clear how to return to the main menu (click logo?).
    - volume control is needed on the screen.
    O, and yes, it looks even better if you only have a 15" touchscreen on the wall and hidden the computer behind the wall :)

trosty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 6, 2004
    Zurich/Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I am about to configure the remote control which I want to use - right now it is IR keyboard.

Users who are viewing this thread