[solved] (Kodi issue) MCE Remote not working in 1.13pre. Worked fine in 1.12 (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Interesting! It does not find the MCE remote - No Device!
    View attachment 174420

Never the less, the remote fully works in 1.12 - Windows driver are installed:
    View attachment 174419

Actually it is there listed along other HID devices (IrDeviceV2). The 'No Device' in the status bar is just showing the latest device from which the demo received an event.
    Now go to the first tab called 'Messages', point your remote at your computer or IR receiver and go mad hitting buttons other than directions, 'ok' and digit buttons.
    Then take a screenshot and post the full resolution result here.
    It should look a lot like this:

upload_2016-1-8_18-31-38.png

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did try that and just tried it second time - no response at all. :(
    I tried all keys - no feedback - execpt the green MCE-key which started Mediaportal - as expected.

Interesting, can you close MediaPortal Tray Launcher and try again? That's the MP blue icon in your notification array, right click and select close.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nope - no luck. It only disabled the MP start with the green key - again, no reactions in the HID-Demo ...

This is very odd, did you make sure you closed MP too? Make sure you try the 'Guide' and 'More Info' buttons too.

Are you running any kind of software that could interfere with your inputs? EventGhost, IRSS any gamepad to mouse emulator things like that?

FrankBert

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2007
    MP was closed - no additional software installed. (actually I did a fresh Windows 10 install whichout even installing any driver for the remote control)
    I tried all keys of the remote with you tool - no feedback.

Interestingly I did try to press the number buttons on the remote in a text editor where 0 - 9 appeared fine.

I did some investigation (no sure if this is all correct) - I do use the MCE Remote v2 which should not be a "normal" HID device:

MCE v1 is "USB to HID"
    MCE v2 or MCE 2005 is "USB to Ird" (Ird = Infrared) using RC6 commands link (page 169)

I do have a "Microsoft eHome-Infraredtransceiver" under Inputdevices in the Windows device Manager.

So it seam that the MCE v2 does not send HID commands - which then would make sense that in your test tool no keys arrive.
    MP1.12 abviously used the Ird commands.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP was closed - no additional software installed. (actually I did a fresh Windows 10 install whichout even installing any driver for the remote control)
    You don't need a driver.

Interestingly I did try to press the number buttons on the remote in a text editor where 0 - 9 appeared fine.
    That's the keyboard part of your remote talking.

MCE v1 is "USB to HID"
    MCE v2 or MCE 2005 is "USB to Ird" (Ird = Infrared) using RC6 commands link (page 169)

I do have a "Microsoft eHome-Infraredtransceiver" under Inputdevices in the Windows device Manager.

So it seam that the MCE v2 does not send HID commands - which then would make sense that in your test tool no keys arrive.
    MP1.12 abviously used the Ird commands.

No it is an HID device and listed as such in the device list. Actually the whole MCE is HID.
    Can you disable MP tray and MP, do a cold boot of your PC, by turning it off and pulling the plug from the wall and wait 2mn before turning it back on.
    Then try the HID demo again. If it's still a problem try plug your receiver into some other USB port or even another USB hub, integrated or external.

Can you fill in your PC system specs?

Last edited:

FrankBert

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2007
    ... unfortunately even changing the USB port did'nt change the behaviour - meaning, no response in the HID demo.

I did a restart after disabling the MP-Tray and the MP autostart - same result (n)

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ... unfortunately even changing the USB port did'nt change the behaviour - meaning, no response in the HID demo.

I did a restart after disabling the MP-Tray and the MP autostart - same result (n)

Bummer! Thanks for your patience while we are tying to get to the bottom of this issue.
    Can you update your HID Demo? There is a new version available.
    Can you then give me a screenshot of your device list before and after you plug and unplug your receiver?
    You will need to hit 'refresh' to update the device list.
    Can you provide photos of your receiver and remote?
    On my side I'll try something new with the HID Demo and will provide an update once it's ready.
    upload_2016-1-9_17-7-27.png

upload_2016-1-9_17-7-48.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom