Latstest CVS: USBUIRT not detected anymore (1 Viewer)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Or on the flip side. How many people can confirm that they don't have the issue?

That question doesn't work since there are thousands of users without problem who therefore do not read this thread or the forum at all...

To get this fixed this has to be reproduced and even better by someone who knows how to report bugs or can develop a little himself

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    To get this fixed this has to be reproduced and even better by someone who knows how to report bugs or can develop a little himself
    rtv

I am well aware that you have a lot of other and more important tasks on your list. So: no offence intended ;) If you look at framug's post #26: don't you consider this as "knows how to report bugs"? What else do you need?

Thx

G.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    GoldenEye to be very clear :
    Sorry for my poor english, if it's direct, it's because I don't speak english fluently, no offense in my post against you.
    I don't want you use what I posted for attack the team or something like that.
    If I could imagine this post was like this, I never wrote on this thread.
    What I write was for helping YOU, BigBuddha and maybe DEVs.
    Just pointed, maybe Asidie could have girder loaded on windows, for example, it appears not.
    It can be many and various reasons for this problem, maybe is it because we have more than one ir controller remote in computer ? etc....
    I fully agree with rtv wich improve EACH days MP by coding inside for FREE, NOTHING, NADA, QUE DALLE, GRATOS, only nicely.
    He said "or can develop a little himself" and, he is true at this moment.
    How can you imagine that a man having the same problem, who can develop, and read this post really want to help ?
    More, I give you a workaround for usbuirt works by this way and pointed that it seems driver is not loaded in memory, isn'it enough, at this moment ?
    I think there are major bugs than this.
    Regards.

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    @GoldenEye to be very clear :
    Sorry for my poor english, if it's direct, it's because I don't speak english fluently, no offense in my post against you.
    I don't want you use what I posted for attack the team or something like that.
    If I could imagine this post was like this, I never wrote on this thread.
    What I write was for helping YOU, BigBuddha and maybe DEVs.
    Just pointed, maybe Asidie could have girder loaded on windows, for example, it appears not.
    It can be many and various reasons for this problem, maybe is it because we have more than one ir controller remote in computer ? etc....
    I fully agree with rtv wich improve EACH days MP by coding inside for FREE, NOTHING, NADA, QUE DALLE, GRATOS, only nicely.
    He said "or can develop a little himself" and, he is true at this moment.
    How can you imagine that a man having the same problem, who can develop, and read this post really want to help ?
    More, I give you a workaround for usbuirt works by this way and pointed that it seems driver is not loaded in memory, isn'it enough, at this moment ?
    I think there are major bugs than this.
    Regards.
    framug

:oops: International communication is definitely a challenge. I see how you understand my statement. Believe me: it was not meant negative at all.

I do not want to attack anybody. I admire the team's work and the time everybody puts into this marvellous project. I also know that I cannot expect my specific issue to be solved - especially if it is one, which not everybody can reproduce.

I simply wanted to know whether and how we could support a developer to solve the USBUIRT issue we face. That's why I asked this (technical) question how the logs you provided needed improvement.

G.

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Last weekend, I have made a fresh install of my test system (XP professional). Today, I added USBUIRT to this system and could reproduce the issue I have on my media center.

Another thought: Could this issue be language-related? I am running XP German version, framug probably French.

framug?
    BigBuddah?
    ASiDiE?

G.

Edit: Tried framug's work-around with Girder. This works on my system as well :)

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    English Version here.... Have you checked the USB-UIRT forums... maybe you have a bad unit or a firmware that has a problem.

KingCole

Portal Member
    September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi guys

I'm still having problems with my USB-UIRT, I think I tried to install a SVN about 2 weeks ago and still no luck. I got the same 'usbuirt not detected' message. I'm running the English version of XP PRO.

I have not tried a clean install to solve this problem, maybe I will soon.

I am starting to get a little worried about this bug, I would really hate for a new stable version to come out that has lost USB-UIRT capabilities.

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I have posted the issue on the promixis (Girder) and USBUIRT forums. Probably, we get some hints there which could support the MP devs.

Please feel free to give me some feedback on my posts in these forums. Since I am not a tech person, there might be more accurate questions to ask.

G.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom