Latstest CVS: USBUIRT not detected anymore (1 Viewer)

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thanks to ASiDiE's help, I was finally able to track down the issue. The issue is driver-related: USBUIRT drivers are around in version 1.3 and 1.4. The 1.3 drivers work but the 1.4 don't. I have attached driver version 1.3 to this post.

In the course of writing this thread, I tried (better: I meant to try) both driver versions. When going back one version, I told the hardware assistant to look for the drivers - and even when I entered the path of the older drivers, the 1.4 ones were installed.

After comparing the driver versions with ASiDiE, I re-installed the drivers using the option to choose the drive myself - et voilà - it worked :) :)

Thanks to everybody for their help.

G.

PS: To a developer: IMO there should still be an issue added to Mantis - since MP versions do not work with USBUIRT driver version 1.4. I'll add a note to the wiki.

PS2: When searching for a link to the driver version 1.4, google returned me a link to this media portal post :D

coeus

Portal Member
    March 13, 2007

Windows XP doesn't let me choose the drivers I want to install, it just automatically detects my USBUIRT device. How can I install the 1.3 drivers?

I have a TechniSat remote control

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,
    You can use either 1.3 and 1.4 USBUIRT driver since latest 0.2.2.0 MediaPortal version.
    Regards.

Tlvenn

Portal Member
    April 6, 2006
    USB UUIRT does not work with svn head

Hi guys,

with MP 0.2.2 fresh install, usb uirt works fine, however using svn head, it's not detected anymore.. Is this a known issue ? Anyone know which revision works with USB UIRT ?

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom