LCARS skin? (2 Viewers)

S

Sk33t3r

This is a COOL skin. Bring it on guys. If I had the ability to help, I would. I'm just a pitiful user, sitting back in awe and amazement at how all this gets accomplished.

You all are GREAT!!!

By the way, what does "LCARS" mean??

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is this skin still going to happen?
    my son is asking about it weekly, just like me he's a bit of a trekkie.

angel_07030

Portal Member
    January 12, 2006
    NJ
    Interesting Project guys. I find this interesting because this ( http://www.07030.com ) is my site. I'm kinda new here, but I was thinking of creating an LCARS skin as soon as I saw the skin creator. If I could be of any help, please let me know. I'm a graphics dude, but I don't really know how to smash it all together for MP yet.

By the way, the OFFICIAL FONT Micheal Okuda used (the creator of LCARS) is Helvetica Ultra Condensed. The LCARS.ttf is ok, but it's slightly flawed. The curved letters are slightly too large. It's good, but not the one used on Star Trek TNG/VOY. I had the pleasure of Interviewing Mr. Okuda at a NYC Convention and I asked him loads of questions about his graphic design work and how he was able to get the right look for LCARS every time with so many varying projects. There's a formula to the curves of the bars, depending on what application it's used for. And, the colors mean different things for different applications. Interesting stuff. If I could help, even as a tester, please let me know.

Nice going so far. :wink:

Zeuser

Portal Member
    May 10, 2006
    So? No news on this skin?

The screenshots so far really look good. Don't abandon what could very well be the most popular MP skin ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    hi, I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom