LCARS skin? (1 Viewer)

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
December 8, 2004
North America
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
OK, I have my flame retardant underware on so flame away if you must :)

But I can't believe MP doesn't have a Star Trek themed skin yet :) I myself am artistically challenged, or I'd probably try one myself :)

butcherBoy

Portal Pro
September 7, 2004
Germany
he he! nice idea! thought about it month ago. but after finishing my first skin for mp i realised that skinning for mp is a hard job. not only because of its really fast development and changes. at the moment i don't have the time to do the job. maybe someone else like this idea, too. i have a nice collection of trek-art for inspiration.

btw. there is a lcars skin for gbpvr out. but i think it can be done better!

http://www.bladerhq.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugin/SkinLCARS

the butcher

butcherBoy

Portal Pro
September 7, 2004
Germany
made a rough draft how it could look like. maybe someone can make some nice 3d renderings for the overlay pictures.

lcars_draft.gif

the butcher

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    nice

being a bit of a trekkie myself, Id love to have one of those myself

If only we had that skin editor yet, huh? :)

Inker

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2004
    North America
    Home Country
    Inker said:
    nice

being a bit of a trekkie myself, Id love to have one of those myself

If only we had that skin editor yet, huh? :)

Inker

I was thinking that too Inker :) Nice butcher :)

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Gave this a go, and got mildly far. Sound two problems with the above pic which I was trying to copy.

1) Cant find a string to supply System Date/Time
    2) Bold and caps are no go (bold is in the latest cvs)

Someone want to make a new font file for MP as I have no idea how to do that?

lcars.jpg

Date is busted as thats as far as I got for now. Also need to find a look for those livetv/shutdown/close buttons. Hover image for settings is real, not a static background pic.

Edit: May have sorted the buttons (I like them) but they would only be accessable to people using keyboards/remotes. You cant cursor over them....

lcars1.jpg

Moving left and right moves between different graphics. All three buttons are on top of each other and when you move back to the menu it goes back to the regular colour. (compare first and second pic)

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2004
    North America
    Home Country
    I like it :)

I have a lcars true type font (.ttf). Is that what you need? If so PM me with a email address and I will send it to you.

The fonts.xml file just references available system fonts. So for the lcars.ttf font I could send you, you would have entries in the fonts.xml file like:

Code:
    <fonts>
      <font>
        <name>lcars10</name>
        <filename>LCARS</filename>
        <height>10</height>
      </font>
    </fonts>
    I created one for the lcars font, If you would like i can send that with the ttf file and you could use it instead of your existing font file.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    well, what do you know,

I also taped something together real quick just to test an idea. I wont have much time in the near future, but if someone would like to use some of my ideas feel free to go right ahead. BTW for a skin like this I recommand to put alternative .wav files into the skins sound folder.....sounds great :)

btw http://www.lcars-interface.de/ is a great resource too (they even have fla (flash source files) for download which I guess would help alot in creating all the buttons etc.)
    so anyways, maybe some inspiration (obviously it needs alot of work)

Home Menu:
    lcars1.GIF

Video OSD (showing Info gathered from TVTome plugin .... hey, a little ad never hurts, right? :)):
    lcars2.JPG

Inker

Users who are viewing this thread