LCARS skin? (1 Viewer)

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
January 29, 2005
Halle (Saale)
Home Country
Germany Germany
I hoped someone would finish this skin - so keep up the good work! Really looking forward to have it on my htpc.

angel_07030

Portal Member
January 12, 2006
NJ
I haven't checked into this thread in a while.. But... Hey Booyakasha, very cool man. Like I mentioned before on page 2 of this thread, if you need any help or resources, feel free to hit me. I have allot of sounds you could use in the theme, and plenty of color scheme standards. Take another look at my site ( http://www.07030.com ). You can email me right from the main interface with the ship. ;) ....although, you may have to verify that you're a real person.. Spam harvesters stink...

Good luck with the theme though.. looks fantastic so far. :D

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
lol...Strange that you mention this as I just picked this back up again the other day, training myself in some photoshop/illustrator skills, and re-doing all the little widgets for it. I hadn't worked on it as I was hoping to get some help, as my PS/Illustrator skills aren't very good, but it didn't turn out.

NielsSF

Portal Pro
September 20, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello all,

Past week a have found this MCE portal and i like it already. All do i use it anly to show my movies/tv ep's with it.

I have some time to spare and like do some playing with this thema. I read that er are some people had working on a version in the last year's of zo, but i maby i'm wrong but nobody has come up with a real working thema yet.

Maby it is time to join the work of all of use to make a nice thema.
Please when you have something lieing around, i like to get this and make a beautiful thema from this all.

please send this to : mportal [at] lumensoft [dot] nl

Thanks.
Niels

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hey NielsSF,

I never got back into it enough myself, as I have too many other things on the go, but here's some info: I think there's a ton of graphics work and skinning that would need to be done to successfully implement it. I've attached some of the "widgets" that I create via macro in Photoshop/Illustrator to act as building blocks. You'd have to take these and use them to create a skin with all the appropriate animations, etc.

Here's some LCARS sites that I use for inspiration and reference:
http://www.lcarsdeveloper.com/

http://www.lcarscom.net/

Some tutorials on creating widgets etc, plus some great user-submitted material. I think you have to register here, but there's lots of info:

http://www.joseralat.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31

NielsSF

Portal Pro
September 20, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thank you Booyakasha for this, some post's ago you showed us some selfmade movie's about a working LCARS-thema of some kind. Is it posible to get that stuff to?

Also i hope to get more stuff from others too.

Thanks

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
NielsSF: That video was quite a while ago on a different version of MP. Not sure if it will still work. Here's a link to what I had started and all the related skin files.

Users who are viewing this thread