Listening to BBC Radio Streams Outside UK in MP (1 Viewer)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    try this:
    mms://212.58.252.13/wms/radio2/radio2_nb_e1s1 - try this in windows media player FIRST!

I know the BBC have issues about 'out of UK' broadcasting

ethanol

Portal Member
    January 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Neither of them work in WMP - as you say this is most likely due to being outside the UK.

Is there any way to fool the BBC into thinking my PC / request is from the UK?

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    They scan the originating IP to see if it comes from a UK based site.
    You'd have to somehow spoof your external IP :)

does this one work??
    mms://wmlive.bbc.net.uk/wms/radio5/5Live_int_e1s1 - it's the Radio 5 live INTERNATIONAL stream...
    If it does, then I'd guess its your international status... :(

ethanol

Portal Member
    January 4, 2008
    Home Country
    does this one work??
    mms://wmlive.bbc.net.uk/wms/radio5/5Live_int_e1s1 - it's the Radio 5 live INTERNATIONAL stream...
    If it does, then I'd guess its your international status... :(

That one works fine - shame they don't have mms streams for all channels.

So no way of playing the RP streams natively in MP?

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    guess not - you could try the .ram files and use the mPlayer plugin, but i have not tried it sorry!
    you could always move to the UK
    :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism of working with playlists in online broadcasts. Well, here you need to look at what is happening in the Media Portal player. And find someone who understands how it works.
    This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism...
    I am running the latest "any cpu" version of the Radio Time plugin with MP 1.33 x64 which is working well except some of my...
    Replies
    Views
    restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    Earlier this year I changed my internet service provider from a landline (where I was consistently overcharged), to a mains-powered...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
    Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
    Replies
    Views
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom