LiveTV freezes and shows a lot of artifacts (1 Viewer)

driver140771

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In the file from Post #18 the picture have artefacts for 1sec.
    In the file from Post #17 the picture stopps.[DOUBLEPOST=1364923710][/DOUBLEPOST]On the other client with the original TsReader.ax (MP 1.3.0) there is the same problem.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It looks like the video decoder is sometimes just hanging after stream errors - see below for things to try:

Try enabling 'Don't drop discontinued packets...' here - http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...n/MediaPortal_Configuration/22_TV/1_TV_Client - also PDVD video decoder is the best I know for handling stream errors cleanly, so that may be worth trying.

As this is H.264, it may be the AMD hardware decoder which having the problem (assuming you are using DXVA) - have you tried software-only decoding in LAV ?

Last edited:

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

attached you will find the log while I played the recorded file which includes the artifacts.

Best regards
    Sascha

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Hi,

attached you will find the log while I played the recorded file which includes the artifacts.

Best regards
    Sascha

The TsReader log is full of 'PES 0-0-1 fail' errors - these are usually caused by de-cryption problems. I can't tell you anything else from the logs - it's finding good packets sometimes, but then after a few seconds it's getting bad data again.

Your problem is different to driver140771's problem.

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Hi,

Best regards
    Sascha

If you change the file extension on that recording from .ts to .mts and play the file using the Video player (which should use LAV splitter), does it play correctly ?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Hi,

Best regards
    Sascha

The TsReader log is full of 'PES 0-0-1 fail' errors - these are usually caused by de-cryption problems. I can't tell you anything else from the logs - it's finding good packets sometimes, but then after a few seconds it's getting bad data again.

Your problem is different to driver140771's problem.

Hi Sascha,

Please replace TsReader.ax with the attached version, play the same recording again and attach the log - it has extra logging so I can work out the reason for the 'PES 0-0-1 fail' messages.

Attachments

• TsReader_0-0-1_fail_debug.zip
      176.2 KB

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also had Problems with artefacts, i use 1.3.0 Final and didn't have those problems bevor.

Now i 've disabled the xbmc TV Server Plugin (newest one) and the problem is gone!

Maybe someone with These problems (also using the xbmc server Plugin) give it a try!

Cu

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you change the file extension on that recording from .ts to .mts and play the file using the Video player (which should use LAV splitter), does it play correctly ?

It's much better, but not completly artifact-free (90% of the artifacts are gone and there a of course audio interruptions)

With your debug version of TSReader it seems to be a litte bit worse than with nostopmod70. Attached you will find the log.

Thanks for helping us! :)

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    It looks like parts of the file are encrypted/corrupted (as I suspected) - the PES header data is junk (hence the PES 0-0-1 fail messages).

The fact you get picture corruptions/audio dropouts using LAV splitter means the .ts has errors/junk/encrypted data sections, but I *might* be able to improve TsReader.ax handling of the bad sections.

Could you upload a short (1- 2 minutes) section from the start of the .ts file - use a file splitter utility etc (not a video editor) to create the short file so it's not modified at all. FTP details below (or use Dropbox etc - anywhere as long as I can download it)

Public upload FTP account

Address: 78.47.34.246
    Login: tsdump@team-mediaportal.com
    Password: mpuser88

Last edited:

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'll upload the file in the next 1-2 hours.

The whole recording is less than a minute (because I just recorded the issue to log it). The file size is ca. 50 MB. So should I upload the whole file? (as a ZIP-file)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom