Login hotlink for WebMP? (1 Viewer)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No, that's not supported (and I don't see the value of it, so won't implement it either).

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    That's a shame, like Sinbe I see great value in this option.

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Which would be? Whats the use case for smth like this?
    May I enter here: There is reason for it, because I have installed in my home some PLC featured automation system with webinterface.

With this, you can authentificate yourself with RESTful authentication and send a certain command that has to be conducted, maybe enable the alarm, or shutdown all lights with an HTTP request.

Similar in WebMP could you make a list to music files that should play, or start TV in EPG mode, whatever is useful for each user.

The intention is automation apart from being able to visit the WebMP homepage (if you run out of free data traffice on the phone e. g.).

Btw. I would appreciate that very much, because it allows me to combine mighty MP with my very powerful home automation...Ouhh, there are ideas coming!;)

Best regards, Fafnir.

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If you need an interface that can be used to accomplish tasks without any manual user interaction, you need to use the MPExtended Service, not WebMediaPortal. WebMediaPortal is only supposed to be used by an human user.

If you want to login WebMP for the user, you can already do that with an HTTP POST request instead of a GET request.

Alex Griffis

Portal Member
    October 16, 2012
    Seattle, WA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

This is an English thread. the problem is not described clearly, but it’s the question is about auto login of an user in MP2 and not windows.
    This is an English thread. the problem is not described clearly, but it’s the question is about auto login of an user in MP2 and...
    I thought I'd done all necessary steps to get Auto Login to work though it seems not. Manual login gets me to what I'm looking for...
    Replies
    Views
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Replies
    Views
    You don't need a Windows account. You can also remove the login password so that the PC is always logged in the same way. Makes sense at an HTPC because you don't have to connect a mouse and keyboard. ------------------------- Du benötigst kein Windows Account. Ebenso kannst Du das Anmelde Passwort entfernen so das der PC immer...
    You don't need a Windows account. You can also remove the login password so that the PC is always logged in the same way. Makes...
    Before i install MediaPortal2 I read the system information . It says: Setup your system to auto-logon when Windows starts. My...
    Replies
    Views
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload your debug log files, if you want to solve the issue.
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom