Looks great, to bad for the mepo doll (1 Viewer)

J

joostzilla

The new skin looks really professional. To bad that the mepo figure totally ruins this look & feel for me.
I think its way to childish for a great product like MP.

So perhaps a version without it?

ZetaVu

Portal Pro
December 9, 2005
Ok, we should be able to replace the doll with any graphics we want, but I would prefer to have the menu options always shown rather than auto hide (I assume there is an option for this)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    The new skin looks really professional. To bad that the mepo figure totally ruins this look & feel for me.

Just delete the pictures / replace what ever you want to use, under skin folder.

J

joostzilla

You are absolutely right. My bad. I could have known this. I made a customized b2w myself.

Also, i'd like to add that I am very excited by the new skinengine.

So, Team MP... great work.

BoelShit

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

That was exactly the same thing I thought when I tried the new Blue3 skin.
    MePo is fun as a mascotte but not in a skin. And this is just my opinion but it doesnt fit the entire professional and good working software MediaPortal has become.

Offcourse we can delete the files and mod the skin but isnt that breaking the skin that is maintained and kept up-to-date by the dev team?

Other then that... Love the new Blue3 and cant wait to try out the 16:9 version (maybe 1080p? :p)

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ..perhaps, it will come a add on, with different colours and without mepo. ;)
    For that i have do the skin / gfx from start on in transparent version, means all you see in the skin what is blue, is not realy blue it´s white transparent, so this gfx are have allways the colour from the background. only the green ones mut be recoloured, in this way it is easy for me, todo the skin in other colours too. ;) :)

But first we must finished the wide version !

Greetings Harley :)

solis66

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Congrat to the new skin.

It seems like the new skin-engine is great, with very smooth and precise animations.
    The little darker blue, compared to old BT really makes a more proffesional look.
    Sorry to say, I must agree with the mepo-mascot. I dont really think he belongs as a default figure to the defautl MP skin. Mp would reallly benefit from a proffesional look in its default skin.

Otherwise it looks great and I think that a lot of the skinners would benefit from the new skin engine.

Nice work guys.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I think ppl either love MePo in a skin - or don't.

Considering that the original MePo skins where a huge success, I believe many will like it. At least they are a bit fresher than the "Ludo-men" in B2.

If someone replaces the MePo's with other gfx, then sharing is nice :)

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, we should be able to replace the doll with any graphics we want, but I would prefer to have the menu options always shown rather than auto hide (I assume there is an option for this)

..for what ? if you need it, it is there.
    If you not need it, it is hide.
    For what show buttons, if you not use it in the case. With this we can then use only the smal place for the items, like we have before.

Harley

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I still like MEPO, it's not childish, it is different.
    So I vote to keep it in.

Users who are viewing this thread