Looks great, to bad for the mepo doll (1 Viewer)

Goose

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Mepo is awesome

I am glad mepo is back Harley. Keep up the good work.

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I actually like the Mepo in Blue3, too bad though he sometimes shows up 2 times in one screen... that's even a bit too much for me!

What I do not like about the new skin is the font used for the MEDIAPORTAL 'logo'. Not that I can say whay font I do like, but just thought I'd mention it.

Blue3 is looking good - especially from a greater distance - can't wait for the 16:9 version.

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I actually like the Mepo in Blue3, too bad though he sometimes shows up 2 times in one screen... that's even a bit too much for me!

Can you please tell me in what screens the mepo comes double ? So i can fix it.

Harley

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Harley,

Will you be doing MEPO's for My Trailers, My News and My Yahoo Videos on the homepage?

Also, the error I reported here Blue3 Bug with My Video Thumbs

Cheers,
    Colin

SquonkSC

Portal Member
    July 24, 2006
    I totally agree with Joostzilla

The new skin looks really professional. To bad that the mepo figure totally ruins this look & feel for me.
    I think its way to childish for a great product like MP.

So perhaps a version without it?

Hi folks,

In another post I wrote that MP needs a mature skin, because I feel MP is a mature product.

I just hated the blue2 for the stupid puppets on the screen, it made me think too much of MSN messenger crap,
    and now there is an even more stupid figure in blue3!!

A mediacenter is not for the kids to play with, (i'll cut their hands off if they do!) <-- joke, don't take that seriously please :)) so what in earth's name is that thing doing there?

Another thing I absolutely hate in this new skin is the 3d look which makes the far end of the listings almost unreadable.

I understand and respect the creative needs of the designer, but usability should never be sacrificed for looks.

I love MediaPortal for being such an open and progressive community, and thank god for Xface, but I have uninstalled RC3 and will stick with RC2 latest SVN, until there is a mature skin for RC3, so I hope the xFace dudes will update their skin to RC3 very soon, or that there will be a mature blue3.
    I just hope that that 3d view thing can be disabled for other skins, because that's a real deal breaker for me.

Again no disrespect to you Harley, not trying to hurt anyone feelings, I acknowledge how much work and love went into this,
    but I for one am not happy with the overall design. I expected and hoped for a more mature and usable skin.

Sorry for not being more possitive, but I am being honest, and although there are people who love this skin, I think I do represent a percentage of MP users that don't.

Greetz,

SquonkSC

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Can you please tell me in what screens the mepo comes double ? So i can fix it.

Harley

In the "Settings" menu you got a MePo @ the top and below of sub-menus.

Btw: Only me that is experiencing that miniview for TV in basic home is broken? (A big, black, flickering dot - only edges are always visible TV picture. Works fine w/Indigo).

I have other issues with the miniview as well - but this is not exclusive to this skin (works fine in EPG - but not if you go far right/day after or left/day before ---> black miniview).

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The new skin looks really professional. To bad that the mepo figure totally ruins this look & feel for me.
    I think its way to childish for a great product like MP.

So perhaps a version without it?

Hi folks,

In another post I wrote that MP needs a mature skin, because I feel MP is a mature product.

I just hated the blue2 for the stupid puppets on the screen, it made me think too much of MSN messenger crap,
    and now there is an even more stupid figure in blue3!!

A mediacenter is not for the kids to play with, (i'll cut their hands off if they do!) <-- joke, don't take that seriously please :)) so what in earth's name is that thing doing there?

Another thing I absolutely hate in this new skin is the 3d look which makes the far end of the listings almost unreadable.

I understand and respect the creative needs of the designer, but usability should never be sacrificed for looks.

I love MediaPortal for being such an open and progressive community, and thank god for Xface, but I have uninstalled RC3 and will stick with RC2 latest SVN, until there is a mature skin for RC3, so I hope the xFace dudes will update their skin to RC3 very soon, or that there will be a mature blue3.
    I just hope that that 3d view thing can be disabled for other skins, because that's a real deal breaker for me.

Again no disrespect to you Harley, not trying to hurt anyone feelings, I acknowledge how much work and love went into this,
    but I for one am not happy with the overall design. I expected and hoped for a more mature and usable skin.

Sorry for not being more possitive, but I am being honest, and although there are people who love this skin, I think I do represent a percentage of MP users that don't.

Greetz,

SquonkSC

..no problem, because you are happy with the xface skin and i have made the xface skin. ;)
    I will do a updated version soon

Harley

Users who are viewing this thread