[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (12 Viewers)

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    783
    871
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi @Sebastiii
    played once more with auto3d enabled yesterday and unfortunately i didn't notice any difference if analysis is ticked or not.:p
    but this htpc is also nearly 100% flicker free (all downscaling with DXVA) so im not so shure anymore which of the flickers is it you described before^^
    and one good (or bad^^) thing is that now i know again why i had deactivated the auto3d plugin earlier :LOL:
    because it seems to interfere heavily with 3d-framepacked videos.
    if enabled it did make a mess on start playing 3d-fp. (acts like with stopmotion style and half 3d ^^) and even the mepo commands (pause, stop, back....) are delayed. until a execution it feels like a 20 seconds delay... and madvr crashed :whistle: report attached
    the run was with auto3d was enabled-> playing a framepacked 3d-mkv -> changed directly without manual stop in between to a framepacked 3d-iso -> no 3d i think exclusive mode was lost or dx11 idk. -> stuttering playback -> blackscreen with madvr crash on stopping...
    it was ok to use auto3d plugin with sbs/tab stuff, also with other non 3d videos, it all seems playing ok and the 3d detection works flawlessly..
    but personally, i always tend to prefer the framepacked 3d stuff if possible, i may can do all that manually, if i had to watch a sbs video but tbh. i wont be in the mood to do so and if it better be called manu3d... anyway 3d-fp. is just so much better^^ idk. maybe its possible to disable the whole 3d framepacked stuff within the auto3d plugin in general? :sneaky:

    cheers m8
     

    Attachments

    • auto3d.PNG
      auto3d.PNG
      103.5 KB
    • madVR - crash report.txt
      61.2 KB

    Kotik

    MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    699
    485
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hello Sebastiii,

    I think i found an annoying old problem that was not there in previous builds but is back now....

    After watching a video for extended time, when i press STOP or the video ends i get a black screen with MP running in the background, i can hear my navigation clicks and a forced MP close doesnt solve the black screen :-(

    I have to restart my pc to fix it. I would love to provide u with logs but they are HUGE cause it is hard to reproduce, if i just watch 10 minutes the issue doesnt happen.

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
     

    el Filou

    MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    144
    116
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I had something just like that happen a few days ago but I just waited a bit (certainly more than a few seconds, but not a full minute) and eventually the movie stopped and it went back to MP GUI: I watched Apocalypse Now Redux without ever pausing (3h16), and at the end instead of pressing Stop as I usually do so as not to watch the adverts after the movie (I had recorded it off TV) I let it play to the end of the recording, and there the screen went black but it didn't come back to MP GUI. I pressed Stop, Exit Fullscreen, etc. but nothing worked. After a while it came back to MP GUI suddenly so I thought it was a problem with the recording and didn't give it much thought.
    (Edit: I don't use Trakt plugin either)
    (Edit 2: if you need other logs I can start playback of a very long movie during the night with the sound off to test :LOL:)
     

    Kotik

    MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    699
    485
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    In my case the MP GUI was fully responsive but my screen is black :( i can hear the navigation clicks.

    @el Filou what u describe reminds me a lot of a STOP issue that exists with DXVA Native, i had this too until i switched to DXVA CB, not sure which mode u are using.
     

    el Filou

    MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    144
    116
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I have disabled all GUI sounds in MP so I can't tell if it was reacting.
    I am using the new D3D11 decoder in Native mode indeed, but this the first time this happens (I've watched really long movies before with DXVA Native and never had this).
     

    Users who are viewing this thread

    Top Bottom