Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @daWooky
    Hi,
    I have found what does Auto3D plugin lol.
    In fact when we tell to analyse the video stream, it use FrameGrabber from MP and does the analyse lol and that trigger the flicker.
    So if we uncheck the option for analysing the video -> no more issue, in fact this analyse will work only in D3D9 if i'm not wrong for madVR :p

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    nice discovery m8, thanks
    but it's been a while since i've had auto3d enabled on the htpc :)
    so no idea if I had it last with auto detection or on manually.. i'll try tomorrow ;)

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi @Sebastiii
    played once more with auto3d enabled yesterday and unfortunately i didn't notice any difference if analysis is ticked or not.:p
    but this htpc is also nearly 100% flicker free (all downscaling with DXVA) so im not so shure anymore which of the flickers is it you described before^^
    and one good (or bad^^) thing is that now i know again why i had deactivated the auto3d plugin earlier :LOL:
    because it seems to interfere heavily with 3d-framepacked videos.
    if enabled it did make a mess on start playing 3d-fp. (acts like with stopmotion style and half 3d ^^) and even the mepo commands (pause, stop, back....) are delayed. until a execution it feels like a 20 seconds delay... and madvr crashed :whistle: report attached
    the run was with auto3d was enabled-> playing a framepacked 3d-mkv -> changed directly without manual stop in between to a framepacked 3d-iso -> no 3d i think exclusive mode was lost or dx11 idk. -> stuttering playback -> blackscreen with madvr crash on stopping...
    it was ok to use auto3d plugin with sbs/tab stuff, also with other non 3d videos, it all seems playing ok and the 3d detection works flawlessly..
    but personally, i always tend to prefer the framepacked 3d stuff if possible, i may can do all that manually, if i had to watch a sbs video but tbh. i wont be in the mood to do so and if it better be called manu3d... anyway 3d-fp. is just so much better^^ idk. maybe its possible to disable the whole 3d framepacked stuff within the auto3d plugin in general? :sneaky:

cheers m8

Attachments

• auto3d.PNG
      auto3d.PNG
      103.5 KB
    • madVR - crash report.txt
      61.2 KB

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hello Sebastiii,

I think i found an annoying old problem that was not there in previous builds but is back now....

After watching a video for extended time, when i press STOP or the video ends i get a black screen with MP running in the background, i can hear my navigation clicks and a forced MP close doesnt solve the black screen :-(

I have to restart my pc to fix it. I would love to provide u with logs but they are HUGE cause it is hard to reproduce, if i just watch 10 minutes the issue doesnt happen.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom