Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I'm agree :)
    We can upload you a sample for testing too, but in final it's to have something quite working for SBS or TAB (still it will not be perfect for sure lol)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Great :) @Kotik

So i will build a new version, it seems that subtitle 3D is better (in size) but only works with MPC-HC Engine :), it will not change the behavior for XySubFilter :(
    So based on finding @Kotik i was able to port some code from MPC-BE (thanks to their team) to display the subtitle to SBS or TAB with or without "Position relative to.... option"
    We need to use Auto3D plugin :p

Enjoy :)

V341 : http://tinyurl.com/y8vxnj5p :p :p :)

Last edited:

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Very nice @Sebastiii

May i ask what is better in XySubFilter compared to MPC-HC? The reason we initially added and ported it was for 3D subtitles support, currently MPC-HC does native 3D MVC and SBS/TAB subs aswell. XySubFilter hasnt been active in development for quite some time.

I would like to hear what others have to say about it. I feel like trying to make both subtitle engine working is taking too much of Sebastiii's time and effort.

If it was up to me i would hear peoples arguments and see if there really is a valid reason to keep both engines supported, keep in mind that i only used XySubFilter for like a month and that was until Sebastiii updated the MPC-HC engine and since then i only use that.

Am i missing something?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey :)
    I think maybe it's because of direct rendering subs with madVR (so gain ms of rendering) but not sure :p
    On my side i'm using MPC-HC Engine too and discover one week ago that we have an issue (the Delay to sync sub against lips was broken, but it's fixed now).

Fo XySubFilter, i fear that i can't do nothing about it for 3D :(

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We can upload you a sample for testing too, but in final it's to have something quite working for SBS or TAB (still it will not be perfect for sure lol)
    Hi Sebastiii, please would you PM a sample also as I only have one SBS, a complete movie, on my HTPC and it will be a pain to copy it over to my Desktop PC for testing.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

PM sent :p

Also i did notice that on my HTPC (3D stuff) MVC video is detected as 3D by Auto3D and then like madVR already split the OSD/GUI, Auto3D does split it also, that's not correct, the only way we can do for now and not letting Auto3D detect the stream and then manually switch to the 3D mode we want by Auto3D menu.

In fact we can't relly detect the MVC mode, it's direct madVR / LAV Video and 3D APi.

I was thinking maybe adding a MVC option in context Auto3D menu but it will be a lot of stuff for not really improvement like we can't detect MVC lol.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @Sebastiii,
    thanks for your great effort with madVR. This morning i've found some time for testing the current version. Unfortunately i've noticed the well known old issue, that MP freezes by switching from HD (Das Erste 720p) to SD (RTL). After switching i hear sound of RTL for a second, then playback freezes. Logs are attached.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom