Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi @Sebastiii,
    thanks for your great effort with madVR. This morning i've found some time for testing the current version. Unfortunately i've noticed the well known old issue, that MP freezes by switching from HD (Das Erste 720p) to SD (RTL). After switching i hear sound of RTL for a second, then playback freezes. Logs are attached.

Hi :)
    Yep that's because of "Der Anzeigetreiber igfx" reagiert nicht mehr und wurde wiederhergestellt." :)
    Last time we revert to an older GPU driver to fix this :p

Can we teamviewer for a quick test ?
    Thanks.

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks seb,
    it seems great on the desktop with the new auto3d mphb(-be) subs:
    madVR - 03-43-45.jpg madVR - 04-14-06.jpg madVR - 04-19-18.jpg madVR - 04-19-50.jpg
    awesome, sbs doubled great so far and also converted to 2d looks quite nice now (y)(y)
    May i ask what is better in XySubFilter compared to MPC-HC? The reason we initially added and ported it was for 3D subtitles support, currently MPC-HC does native 3D MVC and SBS/TAB subs aswell. XySubFilter hasnt been active in development for quite some time.
    yep, especially now after your great idea with the mpc-be code port it is now almost no longer necessary. (y)
    but^^ well, over the years it served me nearly flawlessly and atm i consider it almost the best fall back solution for strange subs with anime and similar in the mean time...sadly it always depends a bit on the damn subtitles used and like always whats personally preferred :Dsee:
    mepo-madVR - 15-01-06.jpg mpc-be-Screenshot (416).png mpdn-Screenshot (426).png mphc-Screenshot (429).png potplayer-Screenshot (422).png vlc-Screenshot (425).png
    and i guess most users remain anyway with mphc and in this context the xysub restriction to use it only with madvr makes synonymous sense to me.. :p
    also everyone is now warned thanks to the popup:LOL:(y)
    it will not change the behavior for XySubFilter :(
    there is no need to...i hope and guess;)
    madVR - 12-58-07.jpg madVR - 12-59-46.jpg
    thats with xysub and 3d subs - seems working like it should :p
    and if i remember right, its because how xy/mad does the scaling. it will use the monitor resolution not to video ones...

so the bad part with new version... auto3d detection is still strange on mixed sbs/tab videos and on tab stuff it wasnt working at all somehow, manually all switch was ok
    madVR - 13-01-47.jpg madVR - 04-22-55.jpg
    and fp 3d mvc, auto3d detects it now:eek::cry:
    doesn't lav flag it 3d api on or something like that?

cheers

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Great reports :)
    This will be part of 1.18 Final :p :p

So i know why know Auto3D detect MVC, it's because i'm using the new grabbing frame that give a screenshot of the screen even in D3D11 (before only D3D9 was working) :p
    Then the analysing (from Auto3D) works and lead to the detection.

@Marcus Venturi made a great job on his Auto3D, not sure if he will be able to help on this, because when workaround the code to have it working for madVR, i can say that he is a great DEV :p

So i don't have a real clue why it failed for TAB, with EVR it should works because i didn't change the code (or made a regression lol).

:p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Btw :)

Guys can you test the message feature when trying to set XySubFilter with EVR ? (in both case from MP configuration)*

*For example set EVR and then set subtitle engine to XySubFiter or set XySubFilter and then selecting EVR :p
    Thanks

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I was thinking maybe adding a MVC option in context Auto3D menu but it will be a lot of stuff for not really improvement like we can't detect MVC lol.
    I was also going to suggest an option in Auto3D to change frame packed 3D to 2D, there are times when I need to do that [not enough glasses to go round or my mother (gets a headache) is visiting]. I know I can manually disable it in the madvr settings but it would be nice to have the option in a menu.;)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Those Star Trek in EVR (in MP) works pretty good !!! (with madVR it seems not scaled correctly) but the good news it's the same under MPC-HC player lol (in fact in MPC-HC player EVR or madVR give the same result).

Will test if it's not Auto3D that does magic :p (will disable it)

Then testing this, i've noticed 'with madVR' in MP subtitle are not moved when changing aspect ratio mode, i'm sure why and if it can be changed lol :p

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    warning popup works good
    mad to evr-xy.PNG evr-xy-videosetting.PNG
    but it is set to none after. maybe its better to let it revert to mphc if thats possible
    mad to evr-xy-videosetting out.PNG

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep, i have set it to disable because we have 3 choices, so maybe the fallback goes to MPC-HC that works for good :p
    For for testing :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom