[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (9 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    if it is related to refresh rate changing, then i suggest making a script that changes the refresh rate then sleeps for 500ms and call that script via mediaportal and disable the refresh rate changing in madvr. i';ve noticed in the past that if you start playing a video before the refresh rate has finished changing it can cause an issue.

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys [emoji4]
    It seems to have it too and it happen on my side only when I resume (most often) for series and it's related with dynamic refresh rate at least the one from madvr. I didn't investigate it because I restart the video.

Tapatalk

In my case it happens on my Desktop as well as on my HTPC, not matter if I resume a movie or start from the begin...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Disable (untick) the setting shown in the attached screenshot. Not sure what this setting is supposed to do but on my setup if enabled I get the exact same start problem you describe.
    mad.jpg
    @Sebastiii After playing a vid with this setting enabled, on stop the refresh rate does not return to default on non 3D vids (it does with the setting disabled), same as with 3D vids with the setting disabled (as I have reported elsewhere):p

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wow, that solves it (y)

I ticked this setting as I watch a lot of 3D movies and thought it was necessary for that.
    The question is if 3D movies still work when this is unticked...will test that later...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The question is if 3D movies still work when this is unticked...will test that later...
    They do for me.:) Although as mentioned the refresh rate does not get returned to default after 3D playback which may result in jerky navigation. You can get round this by playing TV (using Madvr) which puts the refresh rate back to, for me, 50hz default.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Disable (untick) the setting shown in the attached screenshot. Not sure what this setting is supposed to do but on my setup if enabled I get the exact same start problem you describe.
    View attachment 203079
    @Sebastiii After playing a vid with this setting enabled, on stop the refresh rate does not return to default on non 3D vids (it does with the setting disabled), same as with 3D vids with the setting disabled (as I have reported elsewhere):p
    Hey :)
    Thanks, I didn't remember why I added this.
    Hoping that there is information in wiki.
    For sure, I will test also to see if it fix it on my side too.

Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Looking at the code, it seems to be a trick to be enabled to make 3D video working (especially MVC one) but maybe it was needed because of a buggy driver or only for Nvidia Users.
    I need to test if with this OFF (unticked) it works on my side for Nvidia.
    So what I think happen, it reset MP windows and kind of graph is refreshed and then it seems to trigger like the end of file or something similar and then MP stop to play :)
    If all works without it, then it's cool and maybe not needed anymore :)

Edit: WIKI pages here: MadVR Video Renderer (not much information but it was related to making 3D MVC works at least surely on my side and/or with other guys while I was debugging in remote session lol.

@Marcus Venturi happy to see that 3D works, I remember doing some change in AUTO3D code too and I was able to trick madVR to have the OSD working too :)
    From what I have found on my PC, the latest code is here: MediaPortal/Auto3D :p

@ajs and @azzuro and @yartat maybe Auto3D need change for new MediaInfo stuff, there code related to older MediaInfo.

Last edited:

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tested 3D and it works with my projector even if the setting is unticked, but NVIDIA and 3D is sometimes not very reliable, will do some further checks...
    And later when I wanted to look TV the TV asked me to turn 3D on, looks like it makes sense to switch back to the old refresh rate when the movie is stopped.
    Does that make sense?

And thank you for updating the Auto3D code (y).

The unreliability of NVIDIA concerning 3D might be related to the fact that they dropped 3D support in their newest drivers, so we have to use old drivers to keep 3D running. Last week I ordered a new NVIDIA GTX 1650 low profile, as replacement for my my GTX 1050 Ti to have more power for madVR image enhancements.

After hours of trying to get 3D running I found out that the card does not run with the older drivers :mad:,,, (and does not even support 3D any more!!!)
    So I have to stick with my GTX 1050 Ti.

NVIDIA!!!! (n). Linus Torvalds brought it to the point some time ago:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom