[solved] MCE custom mapping lost (1 Viewer)

spachti

Portal Pro
July 27, 2005
Bible Belt
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
:D You did ask for sarcasm did you not?
Good one, but I did apologize because I didn't understand your posting right. Even though i'm in the US, my native language is not English.

When you say you're using the blaster functions exclusively it makes it sound like you're not using the receiver at all, but that seems to disagree with the "...including the remotes..." comment.

Sorry that I wasn't too precise about that. Exclusively meant, I need the transceiver part to blast to my sat receiver on the server-pc. This is in 90% of all cases, the rest is an ATSC tuner card. When I tried the HID solution with MePo 1.12, I didn't know which part, the receiver or the blaster part, wasn't working right. So I did just the upgrade from the earlier version. This, with the old MCE protocol, just kept working.

@ all,
it was NOT my intention to stir up the pot here. Thinking back, I should have just kept my mouth shut, or better, my computer off.
Fact is, after upgrading one computer to 1.13Pre, my earlier skin was just not available anymore. And since I'm not a coder, I took it as a fact, especially after reading that the old default wide had died.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry that I wasn't too precise about that. Exclusively meant, I need the transceiver part to blast to my sat receiver on the server-pc.
    So would I be right to guess:
    1. This "server-pc" is only used to run TV Server. You don't use a remote control with it.
    2. You have other PCs which you use to view TV etc., and each of these has its own MCE-compatible remote control receiver/transceiver.
    When I tried the HID solution with MePo 1.12, I didn't know which part, the receiver or the blaster part, wasn't working right.
    If the remote control stops working it means the receiver part isn't working.
    If the satellite receiver/set-top-box stops changing channel (ie. you always see the same channel, no matter which channel you select within MediaPortal) then the blaster part isn't working.

So I did just the upgrade from the earlier version.
    I assume you mean that you upgraded IRSS.

This, with the old MCE protocol, just kept working.
    Unfortunately this raises more questions than answers.
    1. Was this upgrade done on a PC running MP only, or MP + TV Server?
    2. What is the version of MP - 1.12 or older, or 1.13?
    3. If the PC only runs MP, why was/is IRSS even installed in the first place? (I don't understand why IRSS would be needed unless the blaster, capture/tuner card and satellite receiver is connected to the PC.)
    4. Is the IRSS MP Control plugin installed and enabled?

In general I'd like to be able to assist you, but I'm not sure if you want to be assisted (ie. because you've given up on MP 1.13). If you do want to be assisted to get a remote control working with MP 1.13 then a lot more information will be required:
    1. Pictures of the remote control and its receiver/transceiver.
    2. Model numbers for the remote control and receiver/transceiver if you can find them.
    3. MediaPortal debug-level log files with the HID handler and "extended logging" option enabled. If you collect these log files using MediaPortal 1.12, please remember you must disable the MCE remote handler before enabling the HID handler. They're incompatible, and only one can be enabled at any given time.

spachti

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2005
    Bible Belt
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    • This "server-pc" is only used to run TV Server. You don't use a remote control with it.
    • You have other PCs which you use to view TV etc., and each of these has its own MCE-compatible remote control receiver/transceiver.
    Yes, that's my setup right now. In the future I'm planning to use the server-pc as a client also to save one client since the server-pc is now located closer to one room (only through a wall).

If the remote control stops working it means the receiver part isn't working.
    If the satellite receiver/set-top-box stops changing channel (ie. you always see the same channel, no matter which channel you select within MediaPortal) then the blaster part isn't working.
    You're right, if I would have used only a part of my old brain, I should have found out myself. It was the receiving part which wasn't working.

I assume you mean that you upgraded IRSS.
    No, after a clean install of 1.12 was not working, I reverted to 1.11 and "upgraded" to 1.12 since I knew for sure this version was working before.
    All that was on a client only because I was, and I still am, being afraid to screw up my server configuration. As you might remember (or probably not, anyway I will be grateful forever for your help back then), it took almost years to get this configuration running. Two colossuses (via component and spdif ), one Hauppauge 150 and an ATSC card, EPG with SD. Plus external streaming via webmediaportal.
    IRSS was not touched, which should have pointed me also to the not working remote part. Well, sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees, LOL.
    Anyway, thank you very much for your offer to help, but I'm not sure this old dog is ready for some new tricks.
    I might try and go with 1.13 on a client and see how I can keep the old default wide skin.
    Thanks to Sourcer for that tip.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread