media portal bootup screen & shell switch (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Samsonite said:
Ok, I made a 4 bit (16 colors) bmp, 640x480. I am not sure what more is needed but take a look at it and let me know what you think.

http://hem.bredband.net/b244633/screens/bootscreen.bmp

On all of the pages about this there where several warnings from ppl that had crached their systems... use it at your own risk ;)

wow, thats better than i had hoped.

looks great!

Haplo

Portal Member
September 21, 2004
Sweden
Aurora13 said:
And regarding your question about the shell replacement:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"Shell"="C:\Program Files\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal.exe"

Doesn't work for me, get an application exception when it tries to load Mediaportal.
The path as written is also wrong at least according to the installation of 0.0.0.9....it should be:
"C:\Program Files\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal\Mediaportal.exe"

Anyone else with this issue ?

However if I then launch the taskmanager->run and then start mediaportal it works without problems.

A

Anonymous

Doesn't work for me, get an application exception when it tries to load Mediaportal.
The path as written is also wrong at least according to the installation of 0.0.0.9....it should be:
"C:\Program Files\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal\Mediaportal.exe"

I got this too. It seems explorer must be doing something that MP requires. You say if you use task manager to load MP after the error , it works?
If that's right, I guess there's something explorer initializes. I wonder what it is?
I posted this as a bug in the bugs sections. Hopefully Frodo can give use some insight.

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
Did you already try to install MP without the folder "Team Mediaportal"? I had probs with the blank when copying the tvguide via batch, now it works without the blank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
Replies
Views
That's great. Glad there is no issue.
That's great. Glad there is no issue.
I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
Replies
Views
Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
I recently move to Los Angeles, California and downloaded & installed Media Portal 1.32 pre Release, to find out the programs media...
Replies
Views
I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
Replies
Views
@Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
@Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom