MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-02-15-2009 12-22h - Revision:21720.rar (1 Viewer)

ARE2

Portal Pro
May 9, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Poland Poland
I still have the same bugs as with the last build:
* After returning from Standby/Hibernation I get a black screen and Mediaportal seems to freeze
* Stuttering video during channel change

I already made bug reports.
Lucky me I made a backup (svn from 23.1.09). Copied it over and the problems I described are not present anymore... the last svn was very stressful for me. :(

Hi,

same prob with the black Screen after returning from hibernate, on my side :( As if MP isn't restarted correctly (using an NVidia GFX Card).

Will provide logs as far as it is possible for me!

Everything else seems to work well with the last svn :)

Regards
ARE2

pnyberg

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have a similar problem when I insert a DVD while MediaPortal is running. I even have MP set to "not autoplay" but when I go to "Play DVD" it says "Please insert disc". Restarting MediaPortal works.

To clarify: inserting the DVD while MP is running causes this problem. If the DVD is inserted and THEN MP is started, then "Play DVD" works fine.

Can confirm this on my system as well. Did work with 1.0.

Hi,
Autoplay/play DVD button it's fixed in this revision(just something missing after BASS update), if it still doesn't work for you attach logs so we can see why it fails.

Regards
Roy

Still the same problem but I've the same problem when trying to open the DVD in Windows Explorer "Insert DISC..". But when opening inside PowerDVD or DVDFAb works..? I assume that is the reason why MP fails to open the DVD - it uses "normal" Windows API calls to detect if a DVD is present.

For what it is worth - attaching debug log of MP when opening DVD. Anyone with a clue?

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    "We are currently also looking into the possibility of creating a "Patch" which will update your 1.0 installation to 1.0.1, without losing any config setting"

Is there a test version of this available? I would like to install the test builds but I do not want to loose my configuration as it would take too much time. I've got some TV channels and radio channels that need to be entered manually and I do not want to do it again.

Cheers!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I can´t stop dvds anymore (mounted images with DT or Virtual Clonedrive).
    Tried with remote and with keyboard. Skip, Pause ... working fine. The only way to stop, is killing "mediaportal.exe" in taskmanager.

Disable plugin "Moving pictures" fixed it.

As a reminder SVN thread reports should be only posted from a clean setups, where no 3rd party plugins are installed.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can´t stop dvds anymore (mounted images with DT or Virtual Clonedrive).
    Tried with remote and with keyboard. Skip, Pause ... working fine. The only way to stop, is killing "mediaportal.exe" in taskmanager.

As a reminder SVN thread reports should be only posted from a clean setups, where no 3rd party plugins are installed.

Isn't it interresting for developers to get informed if certain changes in SVNs break 3rd party plugins?

safcsat

Portal Pro
    March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Isn't it interresting for developers to get informed if certain changes in SVNs break 3rd party plugins?

It is - but I guess the problems should be posted in the relevant sections for that plugin/skin.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Plugin developers are interested in those :) Plugin developers should then escalate the issues to the team developers, if they think the build break / crash etc. is caused by a new bug in MP.

Also many times 3rd party plugins cause issues itself and we definitely don't want to have SVN build thread working as a trouble shooting forum.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Plugin developers are interested in those :) Plugin developers should then escalate the issues to the team developers, if they think the build break / crash etc. is caused by a new bug in MP.

Also many times 3rd party plugins cause issues itself and we definitely don't want to have SVN build thread working as a trouble shooting forum.

OK that makes sense.

diskeeper

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I still have the same bugs as with the last build:
    * After returning from Standby/Hibernation I get a black screen and Mediaportal seems to freeze
    * Stuttering video during channel change

I already made bug reports.
    Lucky me I made a backup (svn from 23.1.09). Copied it over and the problems I described are not present anymore... the last svn was very stressful for me. :(

Hi,

same prob with the black Screen after returning from hibernate, on my side :( As if MP isn't restarted correctly (using an NVidia GFX Card).

Will provide logs as far as it is possible for me!

Everything else seems to work well with the last svn :)

Regards
    ARE2

turn off vis in bass-player!? when it is on.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    turning off vis in bass-player!? when it is on.

Wow, diskeeper, that's it! Turning off visualizations fixes problems with black screen after standby for me.
    Actually there were no hints at all in the logs (with activated vis) pointing into that direction... thanks anyway, because without working standbymode I couldn't use the svn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom