Mods (1 Viewer)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Please post any user mods here for others to take advantage of.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Here a small mod for music playing now with fanart..
    to install: unzip the file "Fanart.rar", copy the folder "Fanart" to: Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Apollo\Themes
    select the theme from setting- skin ... enjoy ;)

Attachments

• musicplaying now- mod.jpg
      musicplaying now- mod.jpg
      255.8 KB
    • Fanart.rar
      4.2 KB

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    A simple 17 row tvguide I made.
    No need for a theme, just backup and copy over mytvguide.12rows.xml
    wizard123, feel free to modify and/or use in an update.

P.S. Love the clean and fast skin.

Attachments

• 17rowtv.JPG
      17rowtv.JPG
      270.4 KB
    • mytvguide.12rows.xml
      15.9 KB

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Nice thanks for posting, how are you finding the readability with 17 rows ? Glad you like the skin.

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I modified your 12 row guide without decreasing the size of the guide fonts so apart from being a bit more compact it's very nice.
    The descriptions below I did mod to fit but I do have a 42' TV and sit about 2.5 metres from it.

I suppose it depends on your viewing distance.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Yea i designed it on a 50" at 3.5-4m which is great for me but if you sit closer even better.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Going to share my current theme/mod.
    Based on Apollo v1.0.0.3 XMLs and modified to fit family needs only, but you might find something useful.

* We don't use TV but we're heavy OnlineVideos users; Removed TV tab and replaced it with a OnlineVideos dito (Play in menu).
    It features five direct site links and "latest online videos"
    Playkanaler.png
    * Removed the movie settings tile and replaced it with a direct link to the "Barnfilmer" moving pictures category (Kids movies).
    * Changed the thumbs for trakt episodes views:
    trakt_eps.png
    * Changed the thumbs in online videos:
    OV-thumb.png
    * Some custom tiles, @wizard123 is there a template for the big tiles?

Attachments

• ministerk-theme.zip
      1.5 MB

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi @wizard123, here's my little contribution to your excellent skin, which others may like the looks of, details below:

• I've changed the TV Guide video preview to be larger and placed in the bottom right corner, with the programme description shrinking or enlarging depending on the visibility of the video preview screen. While I know this breaks the flow of the skin I think it makes sense in the TV Guide where the bigger windows allows for the guide to be browsed without missing what's going on
    • I've also altered the existing video preview by changing the border to match that of the TV Guide video preview throughout the skin
    • Additionally I've added the video preview window to some screens where it appeared to be missing, i.e. TV/Scheduler, TV/TV Recordings, TV/Search

TV Guide
    Apollo Mod - TVGuide.png

Live TV
    Apollo Mod - LiveTV.png
    *Just a note, the above screenshot seems to be missing what I think should be the channel logo or maybe a screen grab of the recorded program.

Scheduler
    Apollo Mod - Scheduler.png

Hopefully some of the above might be useful to the skin as a whole. Thanks once again for your hard work.

Last edited:

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    *Just a note, the above screenshot seems to be missing what I think should be the channel logo or maybe a screen grab of the recorded program.
    That is under the control of latest media plugin, if no thumb found it displays default missing thumb although i see screen grabs fine on my system Homey is having the same trouble with LMH not finding the thumb. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread