MP 1.21 Volume OSD for 1039 MCE remote and MCE keyboard not working (2 Viewers)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I can build you a set of dll's for use with 1.22 pre-release if you need them for testing - just let me know.
    I was intending to try them with my 1.21f production system, but Windows won't allow me to rename the existing file(s) (there is a recording in progress, so I think that the file(s) is/are locked by "TV Server"?). The recording should end shortly. :)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I was intending to try them with my 1.21f production system, but Windows won't allow me to rename the existing file(s) (there is a recording in progress, so I think that the file(s) is/are locked by "TV Server"?). The recording should end shortly. :)

Bit weird as these are client dll's, not TV Server, unless it's due to the TV plugin.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Bit weird as these are client dll's, not TV Server, unless it's due to the TV plugin.
    Actually, I was trying to do this from my laptop connected to the HTPC via my home network. But trying it on the HTPC with "TV Server" stopped still does not work. :( I think it is because I need to "Run as administrator". I will just try that ... yes that was it -- the files rename OK now. :)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Please try the attached new dll's (for MP 1.21 release version only)
    Good news! :) The revised files fix all of the problems with the MCE RC6 remote control on my system:

(1) The MP volume OSD appears correctly when the volume is changed.
    (2) The MP volume-muted icon appears when the volume is muted.
    (3) The volume actually changes when volume up/down/mute are used. (y)
    (4) The Windows OSD does not appear within MP when the volume is changed.
    (5) The Windows volume slider (lower right) moves correctly when not in MP, and the speaker icon changes to the muted version in response to the mute button.
    (6) The same correct outcomes occur when using "+", "-", and "M" on the keyboard. (My keyboard does not have the dedicated volume/mute buttons, so I cannot test those.)

Well done! This fixes what was a serious regression in MP 1.21f. (y) :)

Hazza06

Portal Member
    February 14, 2019
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Please try the attached new dll's (for MP 1.21 release version only) - just copy them into C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal (after making a backup copy of the original dll's).

On my Win 7 test system, the 'Master' and 'Wave' volume controls and OSD now work from the -/= keys, and also from the vol up/down 'speaker icon' keys on the keyboard.

I can't test with any MCE etc. remotes as I don't have any to try.

i can confirm that the MP volume OSD is now displayed using patched dll's for the RC6 MCE remote and MCE keyboard volume buttons, thank you.

Possibly another bug in MP1.21, now i have a MP volume OSD displayed, when using RC6 remote, i discover that it takes 2 x clicks on volume up ( or down ) to move the volume indicator. I suspect this is unlikely a MP volume OSD bug, but a MP remote handler bug.

Thanks for your support.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If a solution has been figured out for Win 7, hopefully, someone can take a look at the Win 10 version. In addition to bugs #2 & #3 reported here, since I have applied the workaround of un-ticking the MP Config/General/Startup_Resume Settings/Stop Playback on Removal of an Audio Renderer my HTPC has been absolutely rock solid.:) Some very intermittent long term problems (not confined to MP 1.21) with sleep (MP/WIn 10 crash which I thought might be hardware) and resume from sleep (MP hang/crash), some of which were aggravated on the Win 10 1809 update with MP 1.20 see here, have all gone away.:D
    I have no idea what that setting does but it is enabled by default on a new install so should I be disabling it???? Or do we need a fix so it can be enabled?:unsure:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    If a solution has been figured out for Win 7, hopefully, someone can take a look at the Win 10 version. In addition to bugs #2 & #3 reported here, since I have applied the workaround of un-ticking the MP Config/General/Startup_Resume Settings/Stop Playback on Removal of an Audio Renderer my HTPC has been absolutely rock solid.:) Some very intermittent long term problems (not confined to MP 1.21) with sleep (MP/WIn 10 crash which I thought might be hardware) and resume from sleep (MP hang/crash), some of which were aggravated on the Win 10 1809 update with MP 1.20 see here, have all gone away.:D
    I have no idea what that setting does but it is enabled by default on a new install so should I be disabling it???? Or do we need a fix so it can be enabled?:unsure:

I'm aware of your other thread (and Seb is/has been looking into the problems, as far as I know) - please post comments related to it in that thread, as it's off-topic for this thread.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    i discover that it takes 2 x clicks on volume up ( or down ) to move the volume indicator.
    I have noticed something similar, but I assumed that it was because the VOLUME button on the remote was changing the volume by an amount too small to register on the OSD display. The audible volume should still be changing (but perhaps by an amount to small to hear).

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Good news! :) The revised files fix all of the problems with the MCE RC6 remote control on my system
    I think that I may have spoken too soon. :( I reverted back to my usual Ortek VRC-1100, and now changing the volume using the Ortek causes the system to lock up.:cry:

I first tried this on the "Home" panel, and the system locked up (needed "Task Manager" to end MP).

I rebooted, and this time started live TV before pressing the VOLUME button on the Ortek. The video froze immediately, but the audio continued for a while (maybe 10-20 seconds), and then that stopped too. Again "Task Manager" was needed to end MP.

Logs attached.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_12_03_19__14_35.zip
      709.4 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    MP hadn't completely died (just the GUI stopped responding by the look of it) - 'Mixer: Set new Volume....' is where the volume adjustment happened in the log:

Code:
    [2019-03-12 14:29:47,919] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - Centarea: Command "65910" not mapped
    [2019-03-12 14:29:47,919] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - Centarea: Command "174" mapped
    [2019-03-12 14:29:47,923] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - Mixer: Set new Volume = 57343, old Volume = 61439, Wave
    [2019-03-12 14:29:48,111] [Log    ] [17       ] [DEBUG] - PS: User interface is not idle: Media is playing - reset time of last user activity and system idle timer
    [2019-03-12 14:29:48,111] [Log    ] [17       ] [DEBUG] - PS: User interface not idle: StandbyPrevented
    [2019-03-12 14:29:48,805] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - Centarea: Command "65910" not mapped
    [2019-03-12 14:29:49,565] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - Centarea: Command "65910" not mapped
    [2019-03-12 14:29:50,277] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - Centarea: Command "65910" not mapped
    [2019-03-12 14:29:55,562] [Log    ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [DEBUG] - PS: StandbyWakeupThread triggered by check interval
    [2019-03-12 14:29:55,562] [Log    ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [DEBUG] - PS: New user input detected - set time of last user activity to 14:29:50
    [2019-03-12 14:29:55,564] [Log    ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [DEBUG] - PS: Signal time of last user activity (14:29:50) to the local TvServer
    [2019-03-12 14:29:55,566] [Log    ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [DEBUG] - PS: LoadSettings()
    [2019-03-12 14:30:03,567] [Log    ] [17       ] [DEBUG] - PS: User interface is not idle: Media is playing - reset time of last user activity and system idle timer
    [2019-03-12 14:30:03,568] [Log    ] [17       ] [DEBUG] - PS: User interface not idle: StandbyPrevented
    [2019-03-12 14:30:10,574] [Log    ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [DEBUG] - PS: StandbyWakeupThread triggered by check interval
    [2019-03-12 14:30:10,576] [Log    ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [DEBUG] - PS: Signal time of last user activity (14:30:03) to the local TvServer
    [2019-03-12 14:30:10,578] [Log    ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [DEBUG] - PS: LoadSettings()

If you select 'Master' as the volume control in MP config, does the same thing happen?

Also, could you repeat the same test (using the 'Wave' config setting) with the RC6 MCE remote - I'd like to compare the logs please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom