MP-TVSeries v4.3.6 Release [2020-01-24] (1 Viewer)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    France France
    Country flag
    THX to take care about this problem (y)

For the magicians :, no problem to download and store the picture in folder.
    Unfortunately, I don't have season 4 anymore.

Here are logs for "This is us" season 2 with all providers where, we can see filenames and also, preview thumbnails :

zz1.png ZZ2.png ZZ3.png

Maybe is it a language problem ?

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Impossible de trouver une partie du chemin d'accès 'D:\PCHC\Mes documents\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MPTVSeriesBanners\This Is Us\-langen-seasons\311714-2.jpg'.

I don't have -langen-seasons folder but, -langfr-seasons :

zz5.png

CU

Attachments

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    Thanks, looks like it failed because the -langen-seasons directory does not exist.

Should be an easy fix when I get a chance to review.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    France France
    Country flag
    Yep,
    I wonder if :
    If first season exist in "fr" (other than "en" language) then, "fr" folder is created and picture is downloaded.
    But, for others seasons, if it doesn't exist in "fr", plugin download "en" but, fail because no "en" folder created.
    What do you think about ?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Country flag
    which has the extra check for directory exists first and if not create it.
    Often takes one line of code to make something functional, and then the fun begins to expand it to hundreds lines of code to account for anything that might go wrong by the system or something unexpected the end-user is doing :whistle:

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    France France
    Country flag
    @RoChess :
    I hope this post is not against me. o_O

Because if it's case, I'm going to explain to you how we code correctly to make it work in all cases.
    I hope it was not an attack on me, while I do everything so that MP users can benefit from the TOP of the TOP of what does it best.

Regards.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Country flag
    @RoChess :
    I hope this post is not against me. o_O

Because if it's case, I'm going to explain to you how we code correctly to make it work in all cases.
    I hope it was not an attack on me, while I do everything so that MP users can benefit from the TOP of the TOP of what does it best.

Regards.
    Slow down, not an attack at all. And it was aimed at @ltfearme for one (as the quote shows) being a generalized statement what software development goes through. Any code goes through this process. Allowing an input box to accept some text is one or a few lines of code, but then the underlying code to avoid incorrect input, sanitize it to avoid code-injection, make it ADA compliant, show a tool-tip for support, etc, etc. It's the stuff nightmares are build from sometimes :rolleyes:

Recently had to add 17 try-catch statements to account for incorrect data and add some logging to make it easier to resolve a random bug, those deserve a category all by themselves :censored:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    T Invoking MP-TVSeries My TVSeries 3
    T TVSeries: über BasicHome aufrufen Plugins & Erweiterungen 5
    BrownGhost MP-TVSeries, Failed to save xml to cache, and not adding any info to tvseries from tvdb My TVSeries 4
    T TV Series - can't connect to http://thetvdb.com/api General Support 4
    G MP-TVSeries unter MP 1.23 (Fehlermeldung) (gelöst) Plugins & Erweiterungen 2
    Megane Manage Tv Series and Anime in My TVSeries My TVSeries 6
    Lichloathe [solved] Latest Media Handler - Default view for TVSeries on startup Fanart Handler 2
    Lichloathe Crash in TVSeries My TVSeries 26
    raffe [solved] Export tool and import support from MP-TVSeries & Moving Pictures to MP2 General 22
    L Tv series install problem missing file My TVSeries 7
    ajs [Action Required] MP 1.27 Pre Release thread MediaPortal 1 0
    A VideoDatabaseV5.db3 lock not released on shutting down PC from MediaPortal Installation, configuration support 0
    ajs [Action Required] MP 1.26 Final Release thread MediaPortal 1 11
    ajs [News] MediaPortal 1.26 Pre-Release ready for testing! News and Announcements 0
    ajs [News] MediaPortal 1 - 1.25 Released! News and Announcements 1
    ajs [News] MediaPortal 1.25 Pre-Release ready for testing! News and Announcements 0
    N Steam release of MediaPortal MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    ajs [Action Required] MP 1.25 Final Release thread MediaPortal 1 503
    ajs [News] MediaPortal 1 - 1.24 Released! News and Announcements 3
    G Movie release date in guide Electronic Program Guide 2
    atlantic [solved] MP1.24 Pre released crash in TV General Support 12
    ajs [Action Required] MP 1.26 Pre Release thread MediaPortal 1 332
    ajs [Action Required] MP 1.25 Pre Release thread MediaPortal 1 515
    azzuro [News] MediaPortal 1.24 Pre-Release ready for testing! News and Announcements 0
    ajs [Action Required] MP 1.24 Final Release thread MediaPortal 1 37