MP-TVSeries v4.3.6 Release [2020-01-24] (2 Viewers)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @framug / @catavolt can you please use the following dll with details on the exception added to log.

Attachments

• MPTVSeries-4.6.3.2..7z
      742.3 KB

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    THX to take care about this problem (y)

For the magicians :, no problem to download and store the picture in folder.
    Unfortunately, I don't have season 4 anymore.

Here are logs for "This is us" season 2 with all providers where, we can see filenames and also, preview thumbnails :

zz1.pngZZ2.pngZZ3.png

Maybe is it a language problem ?

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Impossible de trouver une partie du chemin d'accès 'D:\PCHC\Mes documents\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MPTVSeriesBanners\This Is Us\-langen-seasons\311714-2.jpg'.

I don't have -langen-seasons folder but, -langfr-seasons :

zz5.png

CU

Attachments

• MP-TVSeries.log
      39.7 KB
    Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks, looks like it failed because the -langen-seasons directory does not exist.

Should be an easy fix when I get a chance to review.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep,
    I wonder if :
    If first season exist in "fr" (other than "en" language) then, "fr" folder is created and picture is downloaded.
    But, for others seasons, if it doesn't exist in "fr", plugin download "en" but, fail because no "en" folder created.
    What do you think about ?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @framug, please test the DLL attached which has the extra check for directory exists first and if not create it.

Attachments

• MPTVSeries-4.6.3.3.7z
      742.7 KB

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Good job !
    Is working like a charm. :cool:(y)

ZZ1.png

But, seems to not work when I click on update by this way, nor in auto-update when entering the plugin :

ZZ2.png

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    which has the extra check for directory exists first and if not create it.

Often takes one line of code to make something functional, and then the fun begins to expand it to hundreds lines of code to account for anything that might go wrong by the system or something unexpected the end-user is doing :whistle:

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    @RoChess :
    I hope this post is not against me. o_O

Because if it's case, I'm going to explain to you how we code correctly to make it work in all cases.
    I hope it was not an attack on me, while I do everything so that MP users can benefit from the TOP of the TOP of what does it best.

Regards.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @RoChess :
    I hope this post is not against me. o_O

Because if it's case, I'm going to explain to you how we code correctly to make it work in all cases.
    I hope it was not an attack on me, while I do everything so that MP users can benefit from the TOP of the TOP of what does it best.

Regards.

Slow down, not an attack at all. And it was aimed at @ltfearme for one (as the quote shows) being a generalized statement what software development goes through. Any code goes through this process. Allowing an input box to accept some text is one or a few lines of code, but then the underlying code to avoid incorrect input, sanitize it to avoid code-injection, make it ADA compliant, show a tool-tip for support, etc, etc. It's the stuff nightmares are build from sometimes :rolleyes:

Recently had to add 17 try-catch statements to account for incorrect data and add some logging to make it easier to resolve a random bug, those deserve a category all by themselves :censored:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom